The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are currently looking for a Civils Engineer to join us on a permanent, full-time basis working 36 hours a week.
- Salary of £43,000 - £48,000 per annum depending on experience
- 26 days' annual leave plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service
- Pension scheme (3% employee contribution; up to 10% employer contribution)
- Hybrid/agile working options
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- Learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offices in a beautiful location
This is a fantastic opportunity for an engineering professional with expertise in the maintenance of highways, drainage and structures to join our renowned organisation.
We are offering the unmissable opportunity to contribute to both the longevity and history of the parks and join an impressive list of engineering and architectural figures, such as John Nash, who have shaped these landscapes.
If you thrive in an environment where you can test your problem solving and analytical skills, we can offer you a highly engaging position with a varied and interesting workload.
Each day, you will have the opportunity to work in an urban oasis of green, whilst benefitting from our excellent rewards package meaning it will be easy for you to achieve that all important work-life balance.
So, if you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark on some of London’s most visited attractions, then this is the perfect position for you.
As a Civils Engineer, you will support the maintenance of our parks and infrastructure by providing civil engineering and construction assistance to our Estates and Works Teams.
With special attention to be paid to roads and footpaths, you will conduct monthly inspections and implement a recurring maintenance programme to ensure their upkeep.
Providing expert advice on repair works, you will project manage and conduct site inspections to ensure that works are completed to the correct safety and quality standards.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage Bridge and Culvert inspections
- Prepare annual and monthly budgets for roads and footpaths
- Undertake and report on condition surveys
- Support the procurement and contract management of consultants
To be considered as a Civils Engineer, you will need:
- Proven civil engineering design and site management experience particularly of drainage and highways maintenance
- Experience of contract management including producing specifications and supervising work
- Experience of report writing and ability to present reports to a high standard
- Good technical knowledge of drainage and highways management, including legislation
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- The ability to think creatively and to use initiative to solve problems in potentially variable and diverse situations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent IT skills
- A degree or HND (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
Ideally, you will have the ability to prepare tender documents, tender evaluation and have knowledge of NEC or other forms of contracts. Knowledge of CDM regulations would be equally beneficial.
Membership of an appropriate professional engineering body such as ICE, CEng, or MCIWEM, would be advantageous.
The closing date for this role is the 27th February 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Civil Engineer, Civil Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Civil Infrastructure Engineer, Structural Engineer, Site Engineer, or Planning Engineer.
The Royal Parks is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are interested in this unique opportunity as a Civils Engineer, please apply via the button shown. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
London | £43,000 - £48,000 per annum
Employer: The Royal Parks