IT Support Analyst
Beulah Hill, Upper Norwood, London
£31,200 Plus Benefits (see below)
As a leading technology provider, our client uses the latest technologies to manage and maintain their customers IT systems. Operating at the forefront of their industry, they work very closely with a range of schools and colleges, and are now looking to recruit an IT Support Analyst who will be site based at a school in Beulah Hill, Upper Norwood, London.
As an IT Support Analyst, your role will involve:
- Resolving user support issues from the school community
- Administering the school’s network and IT systems
- Update teaching and support staff with the progress of issue resolution
- Working as part of a team of two alongside an existing IT Support Engineer
To be considered as an IT Support Analyst, you will need:
- At least three years' IT support experience
- Experience of networking, storage, virtualisation and cybersecurity
- A quality approach to customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- A clear and logical thought process
The successful candidate will need to live within a commutable distance of the school or be willing to relocate.
The following will also be beneficial (but not essential): Hands-on support of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Microsoft Server, and/or AD & Group Policies.
Other organisations may call this role IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Support Analyst, Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, First Line Support Analyst, Helpdesk Analyst, or IT Service Desk Engineer.
- 23 days’ holiday
- Ongoing training and development
- Join a vibrant, technically led IT company with an innovative and forward-thinking culture
- Challenge yourself with a variety of exciting technologies within networking, storage, virtualisation and cybersecurity
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of IT Support Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday (8 am to 5 pm with one hour lunch)
Notice Period: 1 month
IT Support Analyst