Head Chef - Rose & Crown
The Rose & Crown, Nr Plymouth
If you’re passionate about fresh, locally-sourced food and want to work in one of the South West’s most beautiful locations, this is a great opportunity to join St Austell Brewery as the Head Chef at the Rose & Crown in Yealmpton.
We are St Austell Brewery, a family-owned, independent business that is passionate about great food and drink and delivering the very best to our customers. We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels across the South West, from Bath and Bristol, to the Isles of Scilly.
Set in Yealmpton, a beautiful Devon village nestled inside the South Hams, the Rose & Crown is a fantastic village pub and one of the most popular places to eat out and stay in Devon. Outside the walled garden is an idyllic suntrap, ideal for dining alfresco and savouring drinks as the sun goes down.
We are now looking for a talented and enthusiastic Head Chef to play a leading role in our professional and friendly team.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum
- 30% off food and drink at our managed houses and 50% off accommodation from your first day
- Pension scheme
- The freedom to treat the kitchen as your own
- Excellent training
- Employee reward programme – if you provide a fantastic service, we’ll make sure it’s recognised
- Join a business that supports local charities, good causes and individuals in need
- Cycle to work scheme
This is a brilliant opportunity to shape and grow a tight-knit, hard-working team who are passionate about delivering amazing dishes.
We believe our people are the heart and soul of our business. As such, we offer excellent development opportunities to enable you to enhance your existing abilities and realise your true potential as part of the St Austell family.
As the Head Chef, you’ll lead our kitchen at the Rose & Crown and motivate your team to deliver fantastic food.
Working closely with the General Manager, you will:
- Support the development of enticing and tasty menus
- Take a hands-on role, working side-by-side with your team
- Effectively control stock and food margin
- Keep an immaculately clean and safe kitchen
- Handle both commercial and operational management activities
To join us as our Head Chef, you’ll need:
- Experience as a Head Chef
- Previous experience in all areas of kitchen management, including great success in stock and margin management
- A Food Hygiene Certificate, and ideally an NVQ Level 2 qualification
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle (due to our location)
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Kitchen Manager, Head Chef, Chef, Kitchen Supervisor, Catering Supervisor, Catering Manager or Senior Chef.
Webrecruit and St Austell Brewery are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to take on an exciting, new challenge as a Head Chef, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Head Chef - Rose & Crown