Business Change Manager
Can you liaise with multiple workstream leaders to unite, co-ordinate and steer the direction of a project? Are you good at information gathering and gaining a thorough oversight into how things interlink? Can you work with foresight to ensure outcomes are fit for the future? If so, we want to hear from you.
When we say this is an exciting time, we really mean it, as we are embarking on a major strategic business project that will see NFER continue to be a leading expert in the field of educational research. This is a permanent role and we are looking for a Business Change Manager to join us to co-ordinate this project; keeping it on time, to budget, on schedule, and with the quality expectations to achieve the programme’s business and strategic objectives.
You’ll set up and manage the overall management of the programme including the planning approach, documentation, risk log, schedules, interdependencies, stand-ups, and project delivery meetings.
You’ll foster a culture of working collaboratively and ensuring clear and timely communication and effective working between workstreams.
You’ll be supporting and deputising for the Programme Director and providing the reporting to the Programme Director, Programme Delivery Board and senior managers and stakeholders.
Your technical background:
- Experienced in project management methodologies and in managing a range of complex projects
- People and interpersonal skills, influencing and relationship building internally and externally, face to face and remotely
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and deliver your own work and the work of others, effectively within a team context and delegating whilst maintaining control and oversight
- A strong problem-solving approach with the ability to grasp complex issues at pace, synthesise what is required and to respond accordingly with good judgement
- The ability to pay attention to detail whilst also keeping an overview on the wider perspective
You don’t need to have worked in education or for a not-for-profit charity but we’re eager to hear from you if you have. You may have held similar positions such as Project Manager or Business Change Manager or had experience in project-related roles within an education, research or assessment-related organisation.
NFER has a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis. We are a registered charity that has contributed evidence, in-depth knowledge, and research expertise to support the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy years. Improving the lives of children and young people is at the heart of everything we do.
- Competitive salary of £35,798 – £48,109
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking and close proximity to Slough train station
- 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Business Change Manager, apply via the button shown.
Applications are being reviewed as and when received.
This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.
Business Change Manager