£38,000 - £48,000 per annum DOE Plus Private Healthcare, Private Dental Plan, 25 Days’ Holiday + Bank Holidays
Our client provides connectivity and infrastructure outsourcing solutions to communications, applications, content and cloud service providers globally. They have the network infrastructure, intelligence and expertise to deliver connectivity and communications services that support the success of their customers.
They are currently looking for a Network Engineer to join their team and support the delivery of internal projects.
As a Network Engineer, you will:
- Help to design and configure our client’s global IP-MPLS backbone to enable new services and build documentation and processes for provisioning teams
- Work with the Development Team to automate the network service on our client’s on-demand connectivity platform
- Provide low level plans for major network changes
- Update network documentation
- Assist the Capacity Management Team with data collection, as well as data migrations
- Act as a level three escalation point for network outages and complex customer issues
To be considered as a Network Engineer, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience with a telecommunications service provider
- Experience with data networks and their recent evolution into the Cloud
- To be a network engineer with knowledge of service provider network technologies, such as IPMPLS, BGP and SD-WAN solutions, ideally with Juniper and/or Nokia routers
- Extensive knowledge of test equipment and troubleshooting techniques used to identify root cause and resolution
- Knowledge of Junos OS, Juniper Contrail, Nokia 7750 SR and Nokia 5620 SAM, and SNMP polling platforms, ideally Junos Space and CSD
- A valid JNCIP or JNCIE certificate or the ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- The ability to solve design and operational problems, plan and schedule complex communication system or service upgrades, modifications and new equipment deployment and network integration
An understanding of network automation tools would be beneficial, as would practical experience of working with optical transport networks.
Other organisations may call this role Infrastructure Engineer, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecoms Engineer, Network Support Engineer, Infrastructure Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, or Technical Support Engineer.
What are the benefits?
- Develop and grow with an international organisation
- Play an important part in our client’s ongoing evolution
- Exciting work environment
- Join a company that’s built on innovation and trust
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Network Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.