“Imagine working for a company where we start with... What if?”
Who We Are
Synaptek is the exciting digital innovation start-up division that's redefining how work is done through the use of intelligent process automation software.
After 10 years of delivering IT operations, services and consultancy under the Spherica Business Solutions brand, in April 2019 we took the decision to create a completely new division. This new division is dedicated to delivering the next level of digital transformation through intelligent automation, and thus, Synaptek was born. Launching with the backing of a successful parent company means we have the agility of a start-up with the stability of an established business.
We are now looking for an Automation Engineer to help meet the strong customer demand Synaptek has created.
We’re on a mission to make everyone’s working day more productive and enjoyable by reducing the time spent on inefficient processes and mundane, repetitive tasks. Our desire to change the way people work for the better drives who we are and what we do. Every day. For every customer.
Our Values & Culture
Relentless Innovation - As a business we are constantly moving forward. We should never settle for the status quo! "Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Engineering Excellence - Being ‘just good enough’ is not good enough. We do everything to the absolute best of our ability and nothing less.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work - It takes a diverse team to create amazing customer experiences, software and products. We need you, your background, your experiences and yourself!
Own It- We believe that nothing is impossible, so own your ideas, projects and work. It’s your company too!
Fly Safe - Don’t be afraid to shout up when things go wrong or aren’t right. So long as we learn from our mistakes and each other, we can keep our ‘aircraft’ safely in the clouds.
Together - We are on a mission and share a common purpose. The only way we can get there is to align our aims, ourselves and our work; we are all in this together!
We believe that through technology we have the power to change working lives, so we live by this mantra in everything we do.
What you will be doing
- Synaptek is looking for an Automation Engineer who is a passionate, self-starter, comfortable working in a busy and dynamic environment, with the challenges of integration and workflow automation with applications, incorporating artificial intelligence
- You will create and maintain automation (recipes/connectors) solutions
- Solutions will include defining, designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining automation
- Analyse, understand the business process and document in detail
- Design and develop integration and automation solutions
- Develop new application and system connectors
- Support in testing activities, including integration testing, end-to-end (business process) testing and UAT
- Technical mentor to an apprentice QA Engineer
- Develop collateral, including presentations, demos, reference recipes, white papers, best practices and training materials
- Like the work you do and enjoy collaborating with your co-workers
What you should have
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python language
- Knowledge of Relational Databases (e.g.MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- The ability to learn new concepts, technologies and solve problems
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others and work collaboratively to get things done
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and empathy
- Interested in the future of technology, including AI and machine learning
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- Experience with Cloud Platforms, including kubernetes and serverless concepts
- Understanding of DevOps concepts
- Understanding of SRE concepts
- Working knowledge of APIs and backend frameworks
- Mobile application development skills
- Salary of up to £40,000 per annum
- Flexible working
- Company phone scheme
Computer Software - AI, SaaS, iPaaS, Bots, Integration
Other companies may call this role Automation Solutions Engineer, Automation and Process Controls Engineer, Automation Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, Computer Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Automation Test Engineer or Platform Engineer.
Webrecruit, Synaptek and Spherica are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a new challenge as an Automation Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.