Integration Developer – Python & Ruby
“Imagine working for a company where we start with... What if?”
Who We Are
Synaptek is the exciting digital innovation start-up division that's redefining how work is done through the use of intelligent process automation software.
After 10 years of delivering IT operations, services and consultancy under the Spherica Business Solutions brand, in April 2019 we took the decision to create a completely new division. This new division is dedicated to delivering the next level of digital transformation through intelligent automation, and thus, Synaptek was born. Launching with the backing of a successful parent company means we have the agility of a start-up with the stability of an established business.
We are now looking for an Integration Developer to help meet the strong customer demand Synaptek has created.
We’re on a mission to make everyone’s working day more productive and enjoyable by reducing the time spent on inefficient processes and mundane, repetitive tasks. Our desire to change the way people work for the better drives who we are and what we do. Every day. For every customer.
Our Values & Culture
Relentless Innovation - As a business we are constantly moving forward. We should never settle for the status quo! "Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Engineering Excellence - Being ‘just good enough’ is not good enough. We do everything to the absolute best of our ability and nothing less.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work - It takes a diverse team to create amazing customer experiences, software and products. We need you, your background, your experiences and yourself!
Own It- We believe that nothing is impossible, so own your ideas, projects and work. It’s your company too!
Fly Safe - Don’t be afraid to shout up when things go wrong or aren’t right. So long as we learn from our mistakes and each other, we can keep our ‘aircraft’ safely in the clouds.
Together - We are on a mission and share a common purpose. The only way we can get there is to align our aims, ourselves and our work; we are all in this together!
We believe that through technology we have the power to change working lives, so we live by this mantra in everything we do.
What you will be doing
- Synaptek is looking for Integration Developer who is passionate about the challenges of integration and workflow automation with applications and IoT devices incorporating artificial intelligence, machine learning, bots, and natural language processing to drive better user and customer experience, enhance productivity and lower costs
- Design and develop integration and automation solutions
- Develop new application and system connectors
- You’ll be working within our development team to build and maintain features within our products, using IPaaS applications and custom products where appropriate
- Collaborate with the team to spec, write and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- Brainstorm features with the team and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Assist the team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Work multi-functionally with other teams to set and achieve company-wide engineering goals
- Like the work you do and enjoy collaborating with your co-workers
What you should have
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Development methodologies
- At least 2-5 years of working experience
- Hands-on working experience programming in Ruby and Python
- Knowledge of NodeJS is desirable
- Knowledge of Web Services is a must
- Strong Knowledge in consuming APIs - REST/JSON, SOAP/XML is a must
- Knowledge of Relational Databases (e.g.MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Ability to learn new concepts, technologies and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others and work collaboratively to get things done
- Strong UX and design capabilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humour and empathy
- Interested in the future of technology, including AI and machine learning
- Experience working on consumer facing products
- Experience with Cloud Platforms, including serverless concepts
- Understanding of DevOps & SRE concepts
- Working knowledge of APIs and backend frameworks
- Mobile application development skills
- Salary: up to £40,000 DOE
- Flexible working
- Company phone scheme
Computer Software - AI, SaaS, iPaaS, Bots, Integration
Other companies may call this role Integration Software Developer, Software Developer, Learning Software Developer, AI Software Developer, Applications Developer, System Developer, IT Developer, Integration System Developer, Data Developer, Data Software Developer, Software Integration Developer, or Software Process Developer.
Webrecruit, Synaptek and Spherica are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for your next step as an Integration Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Integration Developer – Python & Ruby