MM Flowers is a dynamic growing business supplying fresh cut flowers and bouquets from all over the world to the retail sector across the UK and Europe.
The company operates from a start of the art facility in Alconbury, Huntingdon and is embarking on its next phase of growth as a leading firm across the industry.
MM Flowers are seeking to add to the team a Technical Assistant ready for a new opportunity.
JOB TITLE: Technical Assistant
REPORTING TO: Senior Site Technical Manager
LOCATION: Alconbury, Huntingdon (travel may be required)
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attend the daily meetings and provide feedback on any current technical/ quality challenges
• Act as point of contact on a day to day basis for the Quality, Technical and Operations teams. Maintain the flow of information into the Quality/ Technical team, ensuring appropriate communications are passed
• Perform internal audits against the audit schedule (standards audits, GMP, jewellery audits, glass and hard plastics and other appropriate audits)
• Record of non-conformances, investigation, analysis and implementation of corrective action(s) as applicable.
• Maintaining the Quality Management System and controlling of documents.
• Promote a high standard of awareness and understanding at site level of all appropriate policies, procedures and product specifications as required by our quality standards for all external customers and internal teams.
• Monitor product quality assessments are carried out to verify compliance against defined product specifications.
• Monitor compliance with hygiene rules and requirements.
• Positively promote a culture of hygiene and housekeeping.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Previous experience in similar role is beneficial.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and with own initiative
• Passion for all aspects of technical / quality and product management
• Good understanding and interpersonal skills – managing relationships at all levels internally and with customers
• Ability to prioritise, multi task and meet deadlines
• Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy
• Flexible approach to work.
• Microsoft Office experience - Word, Excel.