Young Carers Manager
Harrow Carers is a well-regarded and successful charity providing support, advice and services for local carers. In addition to specialist services for younger and older carers and those caring for people with mental health problems, we provide counselling and specialist advice and a regulated home care service. We are affiliated to Carers Trust and Carers UK.
Our Young Carers Project ensures there is support for individuals aged 17 or under with a dependant. This support varies from providing school drop-ins, organising holiday activities, to arranging training workshops for young carers to help cope with their dependent’s emotional or physical needs.
We are now looking for a motivated Young Carers Manager to join us and support the delivery of our Young Carers Project.
- Salary of £28,000 per annum
- Paid Annual Leave
- Travel Allowance
- Sickness Pay
- Flexible Working Hours
- Free DBS Check
- Training & Support
- Career Development
If you have experience in shaping and delivering services that actively involve young people, this is a fantastic opportunity to use your expertise to help develop and deliver a vital service for young carers in the Harrow area.
You’ll empower and facilitate young carers to live more full and balanced lives while caring for a dependant making a huge difference to their lives and ensuring they can make the most of their youth.
So, if you want to join our passionate team, dedicated to continuously evolving better support and opportunities for young carers, we want to hear from you.
As the Young Carers Manager, you will oversee our Young Carers Team and provide an efficient support service to carers under the age of 17, within the borough of Harrow.
You will take a hands-on approach to the development of our Young Carer Services, working with, and consulting, young carers and their families to shape and design our services to meet their needs.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Developing a Young Carers’ Service Plan and other children’s services
- Supporting and supervising the Young Carers Team, including development and appraisals
- Liaising with various agencies to plan and develop a borough wide provision
- Overseeing and assuring safeguarding of all children’s activities
- Maintaining relevant web content and social media
- Recording, monitoring and evaluating all related activities on our database
- Promoting our services within the Harrow area and at external events
To join us as the Young Carers Manager, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience of developing, delivering and managing projects and/or services for children and young people in the public or voluntary sector, including budget management
- Experience in shaping and delivering services, actively involving young people
- Proven staff management experience and demonstrable experience of providing supervision, staff development and appraisal
- A proven track record and experience of taking the lead in making successful funding applications and tenders
- Experience of working with child protection issues
- Experience of implementing quality standards in an organisation
- Demonstrable experience of working with children and/or young people needing emotional support
- An excellent understanding of the needs and issues for young carers
- A good understanding of service user involvement in policy and representation work
Ideally, you will have a social work degree or qualification or relevant experience, but this is not essential. Knowledge of local health and social care structures and current legislation would be beneficial. Experience of taking the lead in organisational training and development would also be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role Project Manager, Community Manager, Carers Support Service Manager, Support Service Manager, Youth Support Manager, Community Service Manager, Young Carers Lead, Team Manager, or Young Carers Team Leader.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
So, if you’re looking to make a positive difference as a Young Carers Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday with flexibility for frequent weekend and evening activities.
Young Carers Manager