Construction Project Manager
Permanent Full Time
£39,543 to £44,936 plus industry leading benefits including an outstanding pension scheme
29th February 2020
Do you want to help shape the future of the Culham Science Centre, one of the leading science and innovation campuses in the UK, the third largest employment site in southern Oxfordshire and home to UK and European fusion energy research and development?
The UKAEA Property Unit comprises a team of about 20 staff which manages the Culham Science Centre estate, its buildings, services, commercial property and development portfolio. We are looking for an experienced engineer with a background in construction to help us deliver a growing pipeline of projects.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing, or managing the provision of key technical input into the planning, development and construction of building projects
- Project and programme management as well as the management of the team of professional staff developing the key civil, mechanical and electrical designs for building management and operation.
- Client Liaison and stakeholder management
- Application and management of BIM level 2 requirements
- Risk Management: Strong awareness of and the ability to apply risk management tools and strategies to enable the successful delivery of construction projects and programmes
- Ensuring relevant statutory & environmental approvals are obtained prior to works commencing and that relevant safety management and Culham Site working procedures are observed
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or construction discipline
- Good range of technical and engineering skills to deal with the wide variety of building and project types.
- Three or more years’ experience of managing the design and implementation of construction projects, preferably in the public sector.
- Project-related skills and experience. These include project planning and implementation, financial control, the assessment of contract strategies, contract supervision safety and associated environmental management.
- Experienced in the use of the normal range of business and project management software
- A good working knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations with demonstrable experience of site safety management.
- Demonstrable experience of managing internal; and external stakeholders at different levels
-Membership of relevant technical body eg: Chartered Institute of Building; Association of Project Managers would be an advantage
-CAD capability and BIM awareness would be valuable
-Familiarity with Culham site and it`s buildings would be helpful.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
-Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
- Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete a Disclosure Scotland as part of their clearance.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.
Construction Project Manager