Warehouse Shift Supervisor (Nights)
£Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits
Pattern: 4 on 4 off
Hours: 18:00 - 06:00
We are looking for a Warehouse Shift Supervisor (Nights) to join the Warehouse Team at our Spalding Depot.
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
We are Fowler Welch – a multi award-winning supply chain specialist working with retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers across the UK. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and continue to be an employer of choice.
Most importantly, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the highest quality service to our customers without dedicated and knowledgeable staff. This is why we strive to create a working environment that is enjoyable and allows our employees to continually grow and progress in their careers.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As a Warehouse Shift Supervisor, you will be assisting in the day-to-day running of the warehouse in line with company and customer standards. You will lead a team, ensuring good productivity, loading/unloading accuracy and overall performance of the warehouse is achieved to meet customer and company service levels.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Supervising the warehouse colleagues to ensure that warehouse disciplines are rigidly maintained and daily KPIs are achieved
- Ensuring all Warehouse Operatives are trained in the warehouse discipline of loading and unloading and arranging retraining where necessary
- Managing day to day team issues including holiday authorisation and arranging cover, timekeeping and absence monitoring and completion of daily time sheets
- Ensuring that company standards of hygiene and housekeeping are achieved
- Ensuring that the company Health & Safety rules are enforced in the warehouse, and any issues are reported in line with company procedures
- Identifying procedures and/or systems used which could be improved to help minimise warehouse errors and maximise staff productivity
- Proactively manage any performance issues with the team in liaison with the Warehouse Managers and HR
You may be required to undertake other duties on an ad hoc basis.
WHAT WILL I NEED?
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required:
- A full valid driving licence
- FLT licence
- Several years’ management experience within a warehouse environment
- Customer service experience
- Operational knowledge of stock management techniques
- Understanding of Warehouse Health & Safety legislation
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success, which is why we offer a wide range of benefits.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer the added bonus of an excellent benefits package, which include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Free Fowler Welch Health Cash Plan. We fund a care plan for our employees that covers an array of medical fees including dental and optical - with no cost for you! You even have the option to increase your totals or add family members to the plan for a small monthly fee
- Free Life Insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary
- Auto enrolment onto our competitive Pension Scheme
- ‘Cycle 2 Work’ Scheme – save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers
- Exclusive discounts on a range of package holidays with Jet2Holidays
- Discounted gym memberships at over 2,500 gyms across the UK
Other companies may call this role Warehouse Shift Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Team Lead, Warehouse & Distribution Supervisor, Distribution Supervisor or Logistics Team Leader.
Apply now and join us on the road to success!
To apply for the role of Warehouse Shift Supervisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Warehouse Shift Supervisor (Nights)