Senior Business Analyst (Pensions Administration)
Reports to: Head of Business Transformation & Performance
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Local Pensions Partnership (LPP) is an award-winning pension services business with offices across the UK.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Preston office. The Main purpose will be to help and support the LPP pensions administration business to drive technological change and business improvement by documenting, understanding and challenging key processes and delivering change. Gain in-depth understanding of the business strategy, end-to-end business processes, services provided to clients, employers and members, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to capturing the business requirements needed to deliver the business plan, address business challenges, drive operational efficiencies and pro-actively manage risk.
As you would expect from a pension organization, LPP offers employees access to an excellent pension scheme with 12% employer contributions.
We offer a 37-hour working week, with flexibility in working pattern for the right candidates. LPP provides an environment of continuous personal and professional development to support employees in reaching their full potential to deliver our vision ‘to be a leading pension services business’. This role will be based out of our Preston office
- Support the pensions administration change programme and small changes by producing clear business and system requirements, process maps and test plans.
- Identify, manage and deliver process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design, focusing on quality improvement and operational efficiency.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognising and capitalising on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organisational changes and new responsibilities
- Be the interface between the business and IT, translating business requirements into functional specifications. Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, and work with IT and the business to ensure testing of solution is robust and thorough prior to release.
- Pro-actively identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive)
- Ability to analyse and synthesise business requirements, including recognising patterns in data and conceptualising processes
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Support system conversions, upgrades, and enhancements
- Support business continuity planning
- Manage a continuous improvement backlog of minor enhancements to existing business applications
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
- Prepare clear and timely management information reporting to the Head of Business Transformation & Performance as appropriate
- A proactive, self-motivated team player who can work independently with minimal supervision, manage a high personal workload with multiple deadlines and continually strive for improvements in quality, efficiency and presentation
- Must have relevant experience of working in a senior business analysis role and demonstrate the successful delivery of large projects as well as day-to-day operational requests from the business. Experience of implementing new systems and data migration is essential.
- Highly developed problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to present reasoned and convincing arguments to support and/or challenge a proposal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT or any related field
- Excellent level of numerical, analytical, ICT, and report writing skills to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Access is advantageous
- The ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Experience of working in Pension Administration would be desirable, although not essential. Knowledge of working in the public sector is preferred but not essential.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Business Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, BI Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Business Strategy Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, IT Analyst, or Forecasting Analyst.
Senior Business Analyst (Pensions Administration)