Digital Content Lead
Ofcom plays a vital role in helping and protecting consumers and businesses. Whether it’s ensuring they get the best from their phone and broadband services, or responding to complaints about TV and radio content, we’re here to help make sure nobody feels let down. We reach out through a range of digital channels, offering a wealth of information to help solve problems. From guides on bills and nuisance calls, to our interactive mobile and broadband checker, our online tools mean consumers can find the answers they need, when they need them. Our Digital Content Lead is a key member of the Communications team and sits within the Digital and Creative team.
The role is within the Digital and Creative Team, part of the Communications Team and sits within the Consumer and External Relations group. The Digital and Creative team are responsible for developing and maintaining our digital channels, which includes the Ofcom website, visual branding, design and video production and all publishing activity.
Our website receives more than a million page views a month and is the main channel to reach out to consumers, businesses and stakeholders.
Purpose of the Role
Our aim is to make Ofcom’s digital communications best in class, and continually improve our digital presence.
This is a key role, overseeing our website publishing capability and managing content on our website.
This is a hands-on role where you will co-ordinate, manage and participate in our busy publishing process, considering time scales and resources. You will oversee the daily delivery of large publications as well as longer term projects, review content across the website and other channels and drive forward our commitment to making our digital channels fully accessible.
This role will be key in engaging with teams across the organisation to support them in creating and setting up accessible content and developing those relationships.
You will have an excellent eye for detail and the ability to identify where we can add value to content to make sure each visit to our website is an engaging and inclusive experience.
Requirements of the Role
- Leads on and manages production workflows for digital and creative content, ensuring that outputs are of high quality and are on-brand
- Oversees and participates in the daily publication process, ensuring quality, currency, accuracy and timely delivery of all publications
- Plans and prepares content for publication, ensuring quality, branding, accuracy and timely delivery
- Manages our content health, ensuring information is written in plain English, up to date and delivers work on time in a collaborative and imaginative way
- Works alongside the Communications Managers and Digital Manager to ensure the scope and requirements of creative and digital content are identified at the outset
- Works with the Digital Manager and Analytics Lead to meet content KPI goals
- Works closely with the Editorial Manager to keep content fresh and ensure it is fit for the audience
- Understands and champions accessibility and content standards within the team and beyond
- Supports the Digital Manager and Insights lead by contributing to online development projects
- Attends meetings, and represents the team internally and externally
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of digital publishing using an enterprise level CMS
- Experience of editing and tailoring content for specific audience
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a high-pressured environment
- Experiencing of co-ordinating a significant workload and a small team, planning and ensuring availability of resources
- Evidence of UX and improving the delivery of a digital service
- Experience of delivery of content projects with measurable benefits
- Experience of implementing SEO techniques
- Knowledge and application of accessibility best practice
- Experience of using cloud-based campaign mail software such as Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, Dotmailer or similar
- Experience of using a variety of digital tools to support the delivery of a high-end websites, e.g. Siteimprove
- Experience of delivering significant project volumes to very tight deadlines
- Knowledge of HTML and browser and user interfaces
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Some out of hours cover will be required
- Knowledge or willingness to learn CSS would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of the media and communications sectors
To apply for the role of Digital Content Lead, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other companies may call this role Digital Content Manager, Digital Communications Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, or Digital Communications Lead.
Digital Content Lead