Head of London Delivery
The Dock, Wapping Lane, London (with regular travel to our partner schools in London)
Action Tutoring is an education charity that supports pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to succeed in school.
In the UK today, young people facing socio-economic disadvantage are less likely to achieve the grades they need to progress in life. This isn’t because they are any less able – it’s because they have less access to tools to support them to realise their potential.
We help to level the playing field by working in partnership with schools to deliver weekly tutoring in English or Maths, to pupils who need it the most.
We are now looking for a Head of London Delivery to join our team and increase our partnerships with schools throughout London.
- Salary of up to £38,000 per annum DOE
- Flexible working
- 33 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays
- Workplace pension
- Team socials and a culture of celebrating
If you have experience of line management and want to step up and take on a multifaceted role, this is an exciting opportunity to support a charity that helps some of the UK’s most disadvantaged young people.
You will play a pivotal role in shaping our future, building on your expertise while giving us an insight into how to provide vital programmes to a wider audience throughout London.
So, if you want to join a friendly and enthusiastic environment and are motivated by our vision of growth over the next year, we want to hear from you.
As the Head of London Delivery, you will lead the London Programme Delivery Team to build strong partnerships with schools and grow Action Tutoring’s work across the region.
You will ensure a consistently high quality of programme delivery, providing both schools and volunteers with a multitude of reasons to work with us.
Reporting to the CEO, your role will also involve:
- Establishing and overseeing the delivery of tutoring programmes
- Recruiting, selecting and training volunteer tutors
- Reporting on programme delivery
- Gathering data on programmes through monitoring and evaluations
- Conducting reviews, training and development for team members
- Co-ordinating with senior management to implement changes across the charity
To join us as the Head of London Delivery, you will need:
- Experience of line management
- The ability to manage a growing team and to support those newer to line management
- The ability to respond to data analysis and evaluative work, paying close attention to monitoring processes
- The dedication to see things through and overcome challenges
- A degree level qualification
Ideally, you will have experience of working with schools and/or an understanding of the current education landscape, but this is not essential. Experience of volunteer management would be beneficial, as would experience of working with young people.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Programme Delivery, Head of Programme Development, Head of Project Delivery, Partnership Development Manager, Partnerships Manager, or Programme Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 24th February 2020, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 3rd or 4th March 2020.
Webrecruit and Action Tutoring are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to shape the future of a charity as a Head of London Delivery, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Head of London Delivery