We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
We are now looking for an HR Adviser to join our team and provide advice and support.
- Salary of £30,253 - £32,851 per annum inclusive of Inner London Weighting
- Pension scheme
- A full induction and ongoing quality training
- Employee assistance programme
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of holiday
If you are an HR professional looking for your next challenge, this is a brilliant opportunity to join an organisation supporting families and individuals across the country.
In this exciting role, you will receive great support and the chance to grow your skills and build new ones.
So, if you’re ready for a rewarding challenge in a fast-paced environment where there is a dedication to supporting families in need, we want to hear from you.
As an HR Adviser, you will provide high-quality advice and support to line managers and employees across our organisation.
In this people-focused role, you will manage a range of employee relations cases, including discipline, grievance, performance management, sickness and absence.
Your role will also involve:
- Undertaking regular case reviews to contribute towards best practice
- Developing collaborative and productive relationships with all levels of staff
- Writing, reviewing and embedding policies
- Coaching and advising line managers in changes to management casework
- Ensuring data and information is protected and in-line with GDPR regulations
- Maintaining your knowledge of employment law legislation, case law and best practice
To join us as an HR Adviser, you will need:
- A degree (or equivalent), experience of HR casework and a passion for developing a career in HR
- An understanding of employment legislation best practice and HR policy and procedures
- The proven ability to work independently, proactively, as part of a team and on your own initiative
- The ability to prioritise workloads and work to deadlines with diplomacy and assertiveness and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly establish, and maintain, good working relationships at all levels
- To be computer literate, including competency in all Microsoft Office products, basic intranet management and HR databases, including self-service
Other organisations may call this role Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources Co-ordinator, Policy Advisor, Employee Relations Advisor, Human Resources Generalist, or HR Generalist.
The closing date for this role is midday on the 27th February 2020.
Webrecruit and Family Action are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to have a positive impact as an HR Adviser, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week