Pre-Sales Service Technician
Birstall, West Yorkshire (office/field based, with travel to various sites including Stoke Mandeville)
Do you have mechanical or electrical knowledge/experience, gained through your studies, on-the-job training or proven work experience? Do you have great customer-facing skills?
Could you thrive as a Pre-Sales Service Technician with Medstrom, one of the leaders in bed management technology for the healthcare sector in the UK? If so, read on.
Medstrom Healthcare is a UK manufacturer of specialist hospital beds and the only independent provider of bed management services to the NHS, managing over 20% of the UK’s acute bed and mattress fleet. We supply specialist products and services to over 150 hospitals in the UK and Ireland.
We have established a strong reputation for the supply of a range of innovative products in the specialist beds and surfaces sector, both manufactured by Medstrom and also sourced via exclusive partnerships with manufacturers across Europe and the US.
We are now looking for a Pre-Sales Service Technician to join our dedicated team, working with customers throughout Birstall and the surrounding area.
- Salary of up to £23,000 per annum DOE
- Annual bonus
- Great training plan
- Internal rewards programme
- Develop your career with a family-oriented business
- 22 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
Taking an innovative approach to everything we do, at Medstrom we are focused on improving patient comfort and helping to support a healthier, happier population.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our team, the responsiveness and flexibility of our approach and our track record of improving patient outcomes.
We need flexible, customer-focused people to join us and help to deliver our unique product offering to healthcare providers and caregivers. If you are driven, caring and committed, then we would like you to join our family - apply today.
As a Pre-Sales Service Technician, you will be tasked with providing a high-quality service to customers looking to rent or purchase our products.
In this technical role, you will support the delivery and set-up of new products. You’ll communicate with customers in a friendly, polite manner, demonstrate the features and uses of products and pass on customers’ sales queries to the New Business Teams.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Providing timely and appropriate services to customers
- Delivering and installing ready-for-use products and removing dirty or failing products
- Cleaning products and carrying out electrical safety testing
- Repairing and servicing products and ensuring they are fit for use
- Implementing product modifications and audits
- Supporting the Sales and Clinical Teams with servicing activities
- Acting as a representative of the Service Department for customers
To be considered for the role of Pre-Sales Service Technician, you will need:
- Mechanical or electrical knowledge and/or experience, gained through studies, on-the-job training or proven work experience
- Experience within a customer service and/or customer-facing environment
- A full driving licence, with the ability and confidence to drive long wheel base vans
- The confidence to conduct product demonstrations to customers
Experience in a hospital servicing role would be beneficial to your application.
Due to the nature of this position, you will also need to be DBS checked prior to commencing this role.
Other organisations may call this role Product Support Technician, Sales Support Technician, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Technician, or Field Service Technician.
Webrecruit and Medstrom are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next challenge as a Pre-Sales Service Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Pre-Sales Service Technician