Alderwood LLA provides caring homes to people who are diagnosed with autism spectrum conditions, complex needs and behaviours that challenge others.
We are now looking for a Registered Manager to join our management team. This is a full-time role, working 40 hours per week. You will also take part in an on-call service on a rota basis. You will be responsible for one of our specialist services situated in Northampton and will be able to provide support to all Alderwood sites if needed.
We have sites in the Kettering, Northampton, Wellingborough, Rushden, Irchester and Irthlingborough areas, with our Head Office in Ecton.
- Salary of £37,485 per annum, inclusive of on-call payments
- Death in Service benefit
- 33 days’ annual leave, including public holidays
- Pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Work mobile and laptop
- Make a positive impact on the care of vulnerable adults and children
- A variety of other benefits
If you are a care professional with experience of working with people who have learning disabilities or mental health needs, this is the perfect opportunity to consolidate your skills and create a lasting impact.
You’ll have the chance to oversee the work of others, enhancing your career and fulfilment knowing the people supported in the service lead valued and fulfilled lives.
As the Registered Manager, you will take overall responsibility for all aspects of our residential service.
Leading the staff team, you will ensure a high-quality service is delivered in accordance with Alderwood’s philosophy of care, policies and procedures and all relevant legislation.
Your role will also involve:
- Maintaining positive relationships and communications, both internal and external
- Co-ordinating all matters relating to medication
- Ensuring all support staff are appropriately trained
- Conducting informative internal reviews
- Managing the service budget effectively and ensuring it is updated monthly
- Making sure that care, education and adult development plans are on target
- Ensuring monthly meetings take place with information being cascaded and feedback acted upon
- Taking a flexible approach and travelling to all Alderwood LLA sites to provide support if required
To be considered as a Registered Manager, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience of working with people with learning disabilities or mental health needs
- At least one year’s experience of leading shifts and delegating duties to colleagues
- Experience in budget management including managing money in the service
- Prior experience in running a service and meeting all relevant quality standards
- Knowledge of record keeping within a social care setting, including care plans, risk assessments, health action plans, ADPs and behaviour guidelines
- Experience of working with external stakeholders including CQC, care managers and relatives
- Person-focused planning processes
- A Level 5 Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- A GCSE level education, including Maths and English Language
A qualification in Leadership for H&S Residential Care Level 5 would be beneficial to your application. Experience of conducting supervisions and appraisals would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Residential Home Manager, Residential Home Supervisor, Care Home Manager, Care Home Supervisor, Social Care Manager, Team Manager, Registered Care Manager, Care Operations Manager, or House Manager.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding vulnerable groups and will require the successful applicant to complete an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing their role. It is expected that all staff are committed to safeguarding and working within the guidelines set out by Alderwood for vulnerable people.
Alderwood LLA are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a new rewarding role as a Registered Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.