Main Purpose and Scope of Job
Ability to carry out Mechanical and Electrical maintenance, breakdown repairs and supply technical support for the efficient running of Wrexham PFI Mechanical; Treatment Plant (MBT). The work will be split between planned and reactive work. The individual will be working as a part of the site performance team who are responsible for improving the sites profitability whilst working safely and responsibly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Supporting the Process Engineer to ensure the team complies with all relevant requirements.
• Maintaining the process equipment and carrying out cost effective repairs in a safe and timely manner.
• Reporting and investigating incidents, damage and issues on site, without undue delay.
• Leading process improvement projects.
• Developing ideas and solutions to improve operational performance.
• Controlling contractors to ensure that they operate in accordance with the. Safe System of Work, for any process related projects.
• Maintaining appropriate standards of housekeeping.
• Competent in Health and Safety and environmentally aware.
• Any other activities as designated by the Process Engineer.
• Industrial Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer.
• Have proven experience of working autonomously, problem solving and providing outcomes.
• Ability to utilise Engineering and associated knowledge to supply efficient solutions.
• Recognised Qualifications Mechanical and Electrical. C&G, HNC, HND.
• Working knowledge and experience of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
• Experience on 3 phase systems, PLCs, Conveyors, Balers, Extraction, Pneumatics, Hydraulics and associated equipment.
• Good communication skills in English both verbally and written.
• Effective team player, encouraging motivation and people value.
• Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
• Have a willingness and ability to operate flexibly over a wide range of work areas.
• To think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
• Be numerically minded.
• Computer skills as related to Microsoft Office and ERP programs (CMMS).
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Personal Attributes and other Requirements
• Strong leadership skills.
• Commitment and determination to meet personal objectives. Strong drive and resilience.
• Good people skills; able to coach and inspire staff to embrace change.
• Ability to work collaboratively at all levels in a capacity of adding value to the decision making process.
• Ability to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to change is imperative.
• Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and assist in the improvement of operational performance.
• Sufficiently resilient and robust to effectively manage third parties.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and develop successful long term employee and industrial relations.
• Ability to assist in the operational strategic direction of the business.
Any other reasonable request.
Main Purpose and Scope of Job