Community Food Worker – Part Time (Contract)
Covering St Austell, Redruth, St Agnes and occasionally other Cornwall sites
Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change (CN4C) is a charity and a social enterprise, which aims to transform the quality of life for people, places and communities.
We have been around since 2001 and are focused on affecting change that will help people have better lives, become better off and help people make better sense of the world around them, including navigating and making change to the systems that do not work for many people in Cornwall.
The Food for Change (FFC) programme supports people who are out of work to grow, cook and trade food within their community. The programme helps individuals to increase their skills, experience and knowledge, enabling them to develop personally and move towards work, education or training.
We are looking for a Community Food Worker to support the programme on a part-time basis, joining us on a fixed-term contract until March 2021. This contract may extend, subject to funding.
- Salary of £10.77 per hour
- Join an organisation that is empowering the people of Cornwall
- Welcoming and engaging environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on an exciting role where you can make a real difference in your community while sharing your expertise in food, nutrition and healthy eating.
You will have the chance to work with a diverse range of people, helping them to gain the skills and confidence needed to make a positive change in their lives.
As the Community Food Worker, you will support the success of the Food for Change programme, working with participants to facilitate their learning and knowledge around a variety of food topics, as well as supporting them with progression.
Specifically, you will plan, develop and deliver cooking, food preparation, nutrition, healthy eating, food relationship and other food-related community learning activities.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop and lead a programme of community learning and engagement activities
- Organise, risk assess and facilitate visits to food industry/related destinations
- Help to recruit and engage individuals to take part in the programme
- Support participants in dealing with any challenges or issues, including signposting them to other CN4C staff or external services
- Work online and from home during the COVID-19 lockdown period until it is deemed safe to do otherwise
To join us as our Community Food Worker, you’ll need:
- Experience of developing and delivering community learning activities
- The ability to lead on developing an inspiring programme of food-based activities
- Knowledge of cooking, nutrition and healthy eating
- Knowledge of the voluntary and community sector
- An understanding of barriers to employment and/or training
- Knowledge of community development and learning needs
- To have, or be working towards a teaching qualification - Level 3 or higher (PTLLS or other)
- Good organisation and strong communication skills
- A Basic Food Hygiene certificate or a Basic Health and Safety qualification
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- Secure access to the internet and the ability to work from home
A Level 3 or higher qualification in a food-related subject would be beneficial, as would an IT qualification. An understanding of the local labour market (or the willingness to develop this) would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Community Learning Facilitator, or Community Food Programme Worker.
This is a part-time role, working 18 hours per week.
Webrecruit and CN4C are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Community Food Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.