MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
As a member of our team, you will plan, lay out, repair, and install sheet metal products and parts.
This position sits in East Granby, CT and will report to the Overhaul and Repair Supervisor
• Utilize and interpret blueprints to determine how and where to fabricate, assemble and install sheet metal products
• Measure, mark dimensions and lay out material to be installed using tools such as scribes, micrometers, Vernier, calipers, etc.
• Use hand and power tools to trim, buff, smooth, file and grind metal surfaces and joints of parts that have been assembled to ensure safety and a seamless appearance
• Ensure safety is a priority on the job during all activities, including using tools and installing and fabricating metal
• Fasten details on aircraft and industrial engine components using rivets, fasteners, bolts, etc.
• Willingness to learn and operate support equipment such as clean line, grit blast, press, furnace and EDM (Bolt Removal)
• Versatility to support Repair Cell by inspecting, assembly and dis-assembly
• 1-4 years of sheet metal, shop assembly experience
• Subject to FAA Screening
• Ability to cross train to support all areas of the Repair Cell
• Ability to lift heavy materials and tools
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Administration Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120-120 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R parts 730-774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other protected class. MB Aerospace is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us.