Safety Services Manager
Redruth, Cornwall (with regular travel to sites throughout Cornwall)
Coastline Housing is an independent, not-for-profit housing association owning and managing nearly 5,000 homes. We are dedicated to providing great homes, delivering great services and employing over 300 great people.
Coastline is built on strong values of:
- putting our customers first
- openness, honesty and accountability
- striving to be the best
- valuing our colleagues
With an Investors in People Silver accreditation and a placing in the Top 100 Best Not-for-Profit organisations to work for, Coastline is a growing company with a strong reputation.
We are currently looking for a Safety Services Manager to join us and ensure that our sites across Cornwall are safe and compliant.
- Salary of £30,331 - £35,683 per annum
- Annual bonus
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Mileage allowance
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- High street discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great development opportunities
If you have a strong understanding of H&S, planning and building and environmental regulations, this is a fantastic opportunity to help a leading local organisation maintain our exceptional standards.
You will have the chance to play an integral role in the delivery of our asset management and property investment initiatives and make a positive impact to properties across Cornwall.
As the Safety Services Manager, you will support the management of our assets, focusing on ensuring we remain compliant with a range of regulations.
Specifically, you will lead a team to deliver a range of maintenance, monitoring, repair and improvement programmes covering fire protection, asbestos removal, lifts, water hygiene and waste water treatment.
In this key role, you will:
- Manage our fire risk assessment, fire protection, Legionella, drain clearance and sewage treatment contracts
- Assist the Property Investment Manager in the delivery of the Waste Water and Asset Management strategies
- Take responsibility for budgets in the region of £750,000 each year
To join us as a Safety Services Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience of leading monitoring programmes and improvement projects
- Team management experience
- Knowledge and the ability to ensure legal compliance regarding fire, lifts, radon, Legionella and waste management
- A sound understanding of Health and Safety, Environmental, Planning and Building regulations
- A strong understanding of the operation, design and maintenance arrangements for sewage treatment plants
- Knowledge of Environment Agency requirements relating to sewage treatment
- An understanding of the application of CDM regulations
- Budget management skills
- A NEBOSH Diploma, Level 4 qualification or similar in a construction, maintenance or - related water or drainage discipline
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- At a minimum, five GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths and grade C or above
A Legionella Management and Asbestos Management qualification (Legionella Responsible Person and P405) would be beneficial, as would a Level 4 Gas Safety Management qualification. However, these are not essential, as training will be provided if required.
Other organisations may call this role Property Compliance Manager, Estate Maintenance Project Manager, Compliance Manager, Regulatory Compliance Manager, SHE Compliance Manager, or Building Compliance Manager.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
The closing date for applications is the 7th June 2020.
Webrecruit and Coastline Housing are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Safety Services Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Safety Services Manager