London, NW1 (covering two school sites in London)
If you have experience in a premises-related role and skills in basic building repairs and maintenance, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a respected educational organisation.
Our client is a leading educational organisation that has created a network of institutions and connections that facilitate learning solutions for foreign students coming to the UK.
They are currently looking for a Facilities Manager to join them and support the smooth running of their primary school and secondary school in London.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum DOE
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Consolidate your skill set
- Five weeks’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
Our client’s mission is to prepare each of their students to become a global citizen who can shape the world, and they can’t achieve this without a safe and welcoming teaching environment.
You will have the chance to play an important role in the day-to-day running of two school sites, ensuring that both students and staff have access to the facilities and equipment they need to succeed.
So, if you are looking to develop a rewarding career with a forward-thinking organisation, our client wants to hear from you.
As the Facilities Manager, you will support the management, security and maintenance of our client’s sites in London.
Specifically, you’ll support a primary school and secondary school, which are approximately a 20 minute walk apart. You’ll work with the Bursar to implement the premises strategy plan, including routine maintenance schedules, improvement plans and reactive situations.
Some of your duties will include:
- Opening and closing the sites
- Handling maintenance requests
- Ensuring the sites comply with safety regulations
- Helping to plan and control the premises budget
- Liaising with contractors and organising quotes for any work needed
Please note, this role will involve lifting, carrying and pushing a range of equipment.
To be considered as a Facilities Manager, you’ll need:
- At least two years’ experience of carrying out premises-related duties
- Proficiency in basic building repairs and maintenance tasks
- The ability to operate and understand electrical/mechanical systems
- Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in the UK
- The ability to use small industrial, electrical and mechanical equipment
- Good communication skills
A premises management-related qualification would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Facilities & Maintenance Manager, Property Manager, School Estates Manager, School Facilities Manager, Building Maintenance Manager, Caretaker, or Facilities Services Manager.
This is a full-time role, working 42.5 hours per week between 7:00 – 19:00 as agreed with a line manager. Some weekend working may be required.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 5th June 2020.
Our client has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments are subject to Enhanced DBS checks/Overseas Police Checks and Prohibition check.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Facilities Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.