Senior Finance Manager – Part Time
If you’re a qualified accounting professional seeking your next challenge, this is a superb opportunity to support the financial health of an internationally operating charity.
Windle Trust International (WTI) is a well-established NGO dedicated to increasing access to, and improving, the quality of education. We support refugees and communities affected by conflict, displacement, neglect or discrimination in the East and Horn of Africa.
We manage scholarship programmes that give students from the communities we support the opportunity to study at universities and colleges in the UK and Africa. So far, we’ve supported over 1,000 students, including around 600 students at postgraduate level.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join our team in Oxford on a part-time basis, working three days per week (21 hours).
- Salary of £39,000 - £42,000 pro rata DOE and skills
- 22 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Pension scheme (after probation)
- Free parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Friendly offices with good public transport routes
This is a fantastic opportunity to support the successful operation of a charity that challenges poverty and inequality across the globe.
Once you join us, you’ll discover a passionate team who value honesty and integrity and working together to provide opportunities for those affected by conflict, neglect or discrimination.
You will have the chance to play an integral role in our finance activities, which will enable us to continue working towards our vision of a world where every child receives a high-quality education.
As the Senior Finance Manager, you will manage and control WTI’s finances.
Based from our Oxford office, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day accounting in our UK office, as well as supervising and monitoring our overseas offices.
Some of your duties will include:
- Ensuring our sites comply with finance policies and procedures
- Managing the annual budget processes
- Leading cash flow management and monitoring and mitigating financial risk
- Carrying out bookkeeping and preparing payroll for the UK office
- Overseeing the annual audit process and prepare the annual statutory accounts
- Training finance staff in our overseas offices
To join us as a Senior Finance Manager, you’ll need:
- A professional accounting qualification and finance experience
- Proven experience of using computerised accounting systems
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural environment
- Good IT skills, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail, as well as the ability to maintain a management and strategic overview of the finance function
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Empathy with the aims and objectives of our organisation
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial: charity accounting, preparing statutory accounts, using QuickBooks, or providing finance training and support.
Other organisations may call this role Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Finance Accountant, Finance Manager, Financial Manager, Financial Controller, or Finance Controller.
Webrecruit and WTI are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Senior Finance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Senior Finance Manager – Part Time