Health and Safety Manager
Based from our Billingham and Hartlepool sites
As a market leader in marine decommissioning, ABLE UK operates a number of ports and is a major land owner and developer functioning across the North of England. We have recently welcomed the second Shell Brent platform to our Able Seaton Port (ASP) in Hartlepool.
We’re currently looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join us, splitting their time between our head office in Billingham and our facility in Hartlepool.
- Competitive salary DOE and qualifications
- 21 days’ holiday (rising to 25 with service) plus statutory days
- Develop your career with a leader in complex demolition processes
If you are a qualified H&S professional with experience of developing safety systems, this is a brilliant opportunity to develop your career with an ambitious organisation.
We are entrepreneurial, well-resourced and decisive. Our customers appreciate our strong values of hard work, common sense and discipline, particularly in relation to maintaining a proud health and safety record.
You will have the chance to play a key role in our ongoing success by maintaining our exceptional reputation for H&S.
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will ensure that we operate in line with H&S legislation and ISO 45001 standards.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will provide advice, guidance and support to staff in the implementation of our occupational health and safety procedures, ensuring that risks are appropriately managed and mitigated.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop and implement safety audit schedules
- Ensure that any accidents and dangerous occurrences are effectively investigated
- Develop, implement and provide guidance on health and safety plans and project master documentation
- Provide updates on the Group’s safety performance
- Work with Project Managers to deliver HAZID and HAZOP
To join us as a Health and Safety Manager, you will need:
- Experience in a health and safety role
- Previous experience of developing and implementing safety systems
- Experience of developing improvement strategies
- Up-to-date knowledge of H&S legislation
- A H&S qualification, such as NEBOSH
Other organisations may call this role H&S Manager, Occupational H&S Manager, HSE Manager, SHE Manager, Project H&S Manager, or Multi-Site Health and Safety Manager.
Webrecruit and ABLE UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Health and Safety Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Health and Safety Manager