Employee Benefits Officer
Spalding Head Office
*** The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us. If you are invited to attend an interview you will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire, and we would ask that you do not attend any interviews or assessments on site if you are self-isolating or if anyone in your household, including yourself, are displaying any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
We will be making the necessary adjustments to our recruitment processes to ensure we follow Government guidance which could result in recruitment taking longer than we would like, thank you for your patience and understanding while we adapt our ways of working during this time ***
£Competitive Salary Plus Excellent Benefits
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, 08:30-17:30
With this position, there is an availability of part-time working hours to fit around your lifestyle, should they be required. So if you need every Wednesday as a non-working day, or are restricted to a 9-2 work pattern, simply let us know when you apply.
(A degree of flexibility is required in order to meet the demands of the business)
We are looking for an Employee Benefits Officer to join the team at our Head Office in Spalding.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
We are Fowler Welch – a multi award winning supply chain specialist working with retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers across the UK. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and to promote being an employer of choice.
Most importantly, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the highest quality service to our customers without dedicated and knowledgeable staff. This is why we strive to create a working environment that is enjoyable and allows our employees to continually grow and progress in their careers.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As an Employee Benefits Officer, you will work directly with the Reward Manager and in collaboration with the Reward team, HR Administration team and the HR Operations team to support the development, implementation and efficient day-to-day delivery of the benefit, reward and recognition framework to the business.
Reporting to the Reward Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day administration of company benefits including childcare vouchers, healthcare / health cash plan schemes, company cars etc. including dealing with new joiners and leavers of multiple benefit schemes
- Processing monthly invoices and assisting with annual renewal processes for benefits
- Monthly pension reconciliation and payments to external provider
- Internal audit of company pension records
- Assisting with auto-enrolment and re-enrolment activities
- Preparation and submission of P11D
- Maintain accurate membership information across all benefits to monitor take-up and produce associated Management Information (MI)
- Maintain regular contact with relevant internal and external stakeholders (e.g. HR Operations Team, Payroll, Pension and other benefit providers / third party suppliers) to enable effective business relationships and to understand any issues or challenges
- Production of internal benefits-related material and research to facilitate the implementation of a Reward Strategy
- Participate in promotional activity and support communications in line with the Benefit & Reward Calendar
- Provide comprehensive support to key reward initiatives and activities including annual pay review, bonus and job ladder (performance related pay) schemes
- Complete benchmarking and submissions to external surveys
- Contribute towards benefit, reward and recognition related project activity
- Support the creation and maintenance of benefit and reward related policies
- Be the point of escalation for HR Operations for benefits related queries
- Manage the benefits email inbox
- Develop / maintain spreadsheets and trackers as required
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
To join us as an Employee Benefits Officer, you will need:
- To be educated to A-Level standard with GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above, or equivalent
- The ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment whilst maintaining accuracy and a very high level of attention to detail
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office suite of products, including Word, Outlook and Excel at an intermediate level (Formulae, Lookup and Pivot skills required)
- Efficient utilisation of HR Databases, including the running of reports to facilitate independent analysis
- To be familiar with benefit and reward related activities / calendars of events
- Experience in the administration of a wide range of company benefits e.g. Group Personal Pension Plans, Group Income Protection Schemes, Group Life Insurance, Group Private Medical Insurance
- An awareness of benefits-related policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Pensions (auto-enrolment), salary sacrifice schemes, P11D and benefits in kind
- An awareness of the Data Protection Act and requirement for strict confidentiality
It would be desirable if you had:
- Degree level qualification, or equivalent, with a Business or Human Resource bias
- Experience using HR Systems
- Experience of supporting the creation of pay related policies
- Experience in communicating with key stakeholders (both verbally and via written medium)
- Knowledge of broader HR processes, policies and procedures including job evaluation and salary benchmarking
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Employee Benefits Officer