Facilities and Maintenance Manager
Up to £36,000 per annum DOE
Every week, Riverford delivers organic food to around 80,000 homes across the UK. This takes loads of brilliant people, from growers to IT experts, and more besides!
We’re a friendly, forward-thinking bunch, and our three core values – Stronger Together, Do Things Well and Independence – run through everything we do. We celebrate diversity, valuing, supporting and developing the whole person as an equal opportunities employer.
In 2018, Riverford became employee owned. Working here makes you a ‘co-owner’, our way of saying ‘employee’. It’s not just a name – every co-owner can play a part in shaping Riverford. Success means much more than just profits; we want this to be a place people enjoy coming to work, and a business our co-owners feel proud of.
What you’ll be doing
This is a hands-on role based on our farm in Buckfastleigh, looking after all aspects of the site, both inside and out. Your Facilities and Maintenance team will also assist in keeping all our equipment serviced and operational, whether that is on our farm, at our nearby butchery, or at remote distribution hubs.
You and your team will need to deliver a high level of customer service to many of our business stakeholders, so strong communication skills, along with an ability to manage expectations and juggle multiple tasks, are really important. There will also be mechanisation, structural and site enhancement works that will require your input, either as a lead or as part of the project team.
This is a permanent contract working 40 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday.
- Manage multiple tasks/projects on a weekly basis and ensure they are tracked against budget, with performance review. Ensure minimum disruption to the business whilst projects are underway
- Lead and support Maintenance, Facilities and Cleaning Team Members
- Responsible for all contractor management and screening
- Management of our workshop, contractors, facilities team both internally and externally across our sites
- Play a key role in H&S compliance, development and ensuring the site and people working comply with our HSE policy and safe standards are maintained. These will include all our COSHH, machinery registers, ROPS and LOLER
- First line response to all our distribution hubs
- Develop a service level agreement with Production, Farm, Main Office and Butchery departments so the Maintenance Team are clear on their obligations to the business and expectations are met
- Develop maintenance schedules and plans for all types of equipment in line with both HSE requirements and preventative/reduce down time objectives
- Management of all services, including electrical, gas, lease lines and water
- Create and maintain good working relationships with other Riverford managers at Wash and around the network, providing a quality, timely and reliable service through effective communication
- With the assistance of the H&S Manager and Technical Managers, ensure that H&S and hygiene standards are implemented, adhered to and maintained within the company and that food safety regulations and Soil Association standards are maintained throughout
- With the support of our People Team, take responsibility for managing, developing and motivating people in your team; recruiting new people, managing holidays, cover and absence management
- You will also be required to identify training and development needs to ensure your team have the right skills in managing disciplinary and capability issues informally in the first instance to try to resolve matters where possible before going to a formal stage
Skills & experience
- Understand the full range of facilities services and ability to execute service across them all
- Project management experience is helpful
- Experience of working to budgets with accountability for project costs and overhead cost control
- The ability to remain flexible and adaptable as well as organised in a fast-paced environment
- An area of specialisation in preventative maintenance
- Auditing experience and qualifications
- A proven ability to build strong, collaborative customer relationships, balancing genuine customer empathy with an understanding of the business requirements, and finding solutions that work best for all stakeholders
- Continually looks for areas of improvement with the ability to constructively challenge established thinking and implement new practices or approaches for the benefit of our customers
- Proven ability to develop, lead and direct high performing teams and contractors
- Holder of BIFM Level 3 qualification in Facilities
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people – and other benefits too:
- 33 days’ holiday pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Generous company pension scheme
- Annual profit share: 10% of all our profits are split equally between all co-owners
- 25% off everything we sell
- Heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches, home-cooked by our canteen chefs, at our two biggest sites
- Free organic fruit and veg!
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay (plus six months of free veg boxes)
- An annual allowance to spend on Riverford branded clothing
- Lots of free co-owner events, including two massive parties a year
- Flexible working options
- Life assurance cover
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Facilities and Maintenance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may also call this role Facilities Manager, Maintenance Manager, Building Maintenance Manager, Facilities Team Lead, Maintenance Team Lead, or Facilities & Maintenance Supervisor.
Facilities and Maintenance Manager