Application Deadline: 23rd July 2020
Salary: £10.07 per hour (£19,743.12 per annum)
An exciting opportunity to join Certitude as a Support Worker as we continue to grow as a Social Care provider in London.
Salary: £19,743.12 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Type: Permanent
Service: Learning Disabilities
Location: Bromley, BR1
Positions available: 6
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 33 days’ annual leave, pension scheme and 24-hour Employee Assistance
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan & cycle to work scheme (eligible after 12 months service)
About the role
The role of a Support Worker is to enable the people we support to manage aspects of their daily life.
Duties will include:
- Making a difference to the lives of those you support
- Help to use a range of recovery oriented and person-centered planning tools
- Ensure all plans and records relating to the people we support are accurate and up to date
- Support with everyday tasks to maximise the individual’s independence
- Work in a consistent and positive way with local managers and other team members to ensure people get a great service
- Undertake various levels of personal care and manual handling
- Involve people in a range of creative activities to develop skills
- Understanding and supporting people with a range of health needs
To be a Support Worker at Certitude, experience is not essential. Full training will be given; however, the following are essential:
- You will need to be able to communicate with and build great relationships with people who have sensory impairment, Autism or mental health difficulties
- Ability to motivate others and build confidence
- Ability to work on your own initiative and also be a great team player
- Practical, adaptable and organised
- Have interests and skills that they are willing to share and get others involved
- Ability to use technology – PC and modern technology equipment
About the Organisation
At Certitude we are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1,500 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, we have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both our Board and Leadership Team. As a result, we are able to support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
We aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of our reputation as a London employer - employing more than a 1,000 staff and volunteers with a turnover of £34m.
Do you want to be a Support Worker at Certitude? Complete an application form and someone from the Recruitment Team will be in touch!
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Other search terms that are relevant to this role are: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, or NFP.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.