Senior Family Coach - Change4Life
We are Family Action, a national charity committed to building stronger families and brighter lives by delivering innovative and effective services and support that reaches out to many of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
We are delighted to have been awarded the Change4Life in Westminster City Council and Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, which will be launched on July 1st, 2020.
The Change4Life Service will:
- Deliver an innovative service with a holistic approach to promoting health and wellbeing
- Align with other services that promote similar messages
- Promote a whole systems approach to reduce health inequalities
- Be responsive and flexible to changing local needs
We’re looking for a Senior Family Coach to support the delivery of Change4Life and make a real difference to health and wellbeing for families across London.
- Salary of £35,213 - £36,972 per annum (inclusive of Inner London Weighting)
- Competitive leave entitlement and pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- A full induction and ongoing quality training
- The opportunity to become part of Family Action initiatives
- Flexible working hours
- Managed workloads with regular supportive and reflective supervision
This is the ideal opportunity to help to deliver a holistic health promotion and community-based approach to improve and promote healthy lifestyles to children and their families.
We are a people focused, can-do organisation which strives for excellence in all we do and operate with mutual respect. If you share these values and behaviours and have experience of leading similar services to achieve the best outcomes for children and young people, we would like to hear from you.
As the Senior Family Coach, you’ll be tasked with delivering the Change4Life service as well as managing other staff to deliver high quality support and advice.
You’ll ensure collaborative, holistic and outcome focused plans are developed and implemented with children, young people and their families. Your plans will focus on the following areas: Improving emotional wellbeing, reducing childhood obesity, supporting families to be physically active, improving good child development, improving oral health and improving emotional wellbeing.
Your role will also involve:
- Line managing four service team members
- Providing an integrated ‘one-team’ approach to children, young people and their families
- Ensuring that the service is integrated and comprehensive
- Using solution-focused and strength-based approaches
- Evidencing outcomes families achieve using evidence-based tools
- Monitoring and reporting on outcomes
- Developing and sustaining excellent relationships
To be considered as a Senior Family Coach, you will need:
- At least four years’ experience of working with disadvantaged and diverse children, young people and their families
- At least two years’ experience in a leadership role and experience of staff management in a similar role
- Substantial experience of working with children, young people and their families, including up to date knowledge and experience of complex safeguarding issues and procedures
- Extensive experience of report writing, evidencing impact and evaluating Health promotion intervention both delivered on 1:1 and group basis
- Experience of collating, analysing various data
- Experience of providing case management oversight and providing outcome focused supervision to manage caseload
- Extensive experience of providing support to families, young people and children
- Experience of devising and delivering short term, individually tailored and outcome focused support plans that improve children and young peoples’ health and wellbeing
- The willingness to work flexibly and outside core hours, including early morning, late evenings and occasional weekends
- To be educated to NVQ Level 4 or above in social work, health, education or equivalent experience of working in Health Promotion Service and evidence of a commitment to continuing learning and professional development
Other organisations may call this role Lead Support Worker, Lead Outreach Worker, Life Coach, Lead Family Support Worker, Lead Community Worker, Family Support Lead, Lead Family Outreach Worker, Support Services Supervisor, Family Support Supervisor, or Senior Family Support Worker.
The closing date for this role is 12 noon on Friday 17th July 2020.
In light of the Black Lives Matter movement we would like to reiterate our commitment to Equality & Diversity in all that we do. Due to the under-representation of Black employees within the service we particularly encourage Black candidates to apply for this role.
To apply for the role of Senior Family Coach, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Senior Family Coach - Change4Life