Regional Volunteer Manager
We are FareShare, the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. We are a charitable distribution network that takes excess, in-date and good to eat food and redistributes it to other charities that turn it into meals.
We operate 21 regional centres around the UK – the majority of these are run by local charitable organisations (we call them delivery partners). This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation while keeping local concerns at the heart of our actions.
Currently, there is an increasing demand for our services and it’s more important than ever that we get quality donated and surplus food to those in need.
We are now looking for a Regional Volunteer Manager to support our volunteering efforts across the south coast.
- £21,000 per annum
- Travelcard loans (if required)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
This exciting opportunity is perfect for a volunteering management professional to expand their horizons and career potential with our national charity.
Now is the perfect time to get involved with Fareshare as our services are in more demand than ever and we now have a national platform from which to reach more people and do more good work. However, without our tireless and dedicated volunteers, we wouldn’t be able to achieve our potential and support people the length and breadth of the UK.
Your role will be key to delivering our services across the South and supporting our volunteering practices right across our network. So, if you are eager to be challenged, ready to do more good and understand that this is a pivotal point in the UK charitable sector, we are waiting for hear from you.
As the Regional Volunteer Manager, you’ll be tasked with ensuring a consistent, positive volunteer experience across the Fareshare network.
Working from our Southampton regional centre, you will get involved in all aspects of volunteering at Fareshare, including volunteer recruitment, engagement and communications, policies and procedures and making Fareshare a desired destination for volunteering.
This will involve developing and implementing a range of strategies working hand-in-hand with the UK Volunteering Team and utilising the internal volunteering management systems.
Your role will also involve:
- Developing strategies that deliver an extensive and diverse range of volunteers
- Recruiting an array of regional volunteer partner organisations
- Creating a regional engagement programme
- Developing and delivering volunteering training
- Implementing volunteering management policies and procedures
- Supporting the development of new procedures
To be considered as the Regional Volunteer Manager, you will need:
- Experience of developing and delivering successful volunteer recruitment
- Experience of building relationships with external organisations and associations to create and promote volunteering programmes.
- A track record of managing projects and associated budgets.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating volunteer programmes.
- Experience of reporting on volunteer programme metrics
- Experience of employability programs
- Knowledge of the needs and experiences of volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds
Experience of delivering training would be beneficial to your application. Experience of working with volunteers and/or adults with additional support needs would also be an advantage, as would experience of delivering effective marketing and communications campaigns.
Other organisations may call this role Volunteering Manager, Volunteer Manager, Volunteer Recruitment Manager, Volunteer Engagement Manager, Volunteer Lead, Volunteering Lead, or Area Volunteer Manager.
Webrecruit and Fareshare are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Regional Volunteer Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Regional Volunteer Manager