Head of IT
Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim
Established for over 90 years, our client is a reputable fashion house of menswear brands, designed in-house and manufactured offshore, with links to retailers in the UK, ROI and Europe. The company has a strong brand portfolio and is recognised for its outstanding customer service and high levels of quality.
They are currently looking for a Head of IT to join their team in Carrickfergus.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- On-site parking
If you are a high calibre IT professional with experience of managing IT security for a commercial organisation, this is a brilliant opportunity to make a real impact with a successful fashion house.
You will have the chance to influence and shape the business from a technological standpoint and play an integral role in realising our client’s vision.
Once you join the business, you will discover a hard-working team who are passionate about upholding their reputation for excellence. If you think you could help our client reach new heights of success, they want to hear from you.
As the Head of IT, you will lead the development and implementation of our client’s technological vision and strategy.
In this important role, you will direct, plan, co-ordinate and design all IT-related activities, as well as providing direction for daily operational activities.
You’ll support the successful running of the business by working with decision makers from other departments to identify, recommend, develop and implement cost-effective technology solutions.
Additionally, you will:
- Drive technological change across the business
- Be responsible for maintaining existing systems, infrastructure and networks
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures
- Lead the ongoing development and maintenance of the in-house ERP system
- Negotiate and administer all IT-related contracts and third-party service agreements
To be considered as the Head of IT, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience of leading an IT team within a commercial environment
- Experience of managing IT security for a commercial organisation
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards
- An excellent understanding of aligning an IT strategy to organisational goals and objectives
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- A degree level qualification in an IT-related discipline
- A full driving licence and valid passport
Retail and/or eCommerce experience would be beneficial to your application, as would a strong understanding of GDPR and data protection regulations. Knowledge of Magento software would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Senior IT Manager, Head of Technology, Senior IT Project Manager, Lead IT Engineer, or Head of Technical Support.
Webrecruit Ireland and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as the Head of IT, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Head of IT