Site Operative (Floating)
East Riding of Yorkshire
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for a Site Operative to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
As a Site Operative, undertake a range of activities to support our site in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
Operating weighbridge systems and mobile plant in a safe and efficient manner, you will load collection vehicles and push up waste into the storage bays, as well as maintaining accurate records of your activities.
Your role will also involve:
- Undertaking administration tasks such as answering calls
- Completing routine inspections
- Maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Providing accurate information regarding volumes of waste and recyclables held on site
This role will involve working some weekends.
To be considered as a Site Operative, you will need:
- Knowledge of using a wheeled loading shovel and a wheeled excavator
- A flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in IT
Knowledge of the waste industry would be beneficial to your application, as would experience working on plant. A mobile plant licence would also be advantageous
Other organisations may call this role Weighbridge Operator, Weighbridge Technician, Mobile Plant Operative, Operative, Waste Management Operative, or Yard Operative.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking to learn new skills and receive full training as a Site Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Site Operative (Floating)