Main purpose and scope of job
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the sites within the scope of the Mid & East Kent Contract, its development and the development of site staff working on the contract, all in accordance with good practice, FCC procedures and the Service Delivery Plan (SDP) on the sites within your remit. Specifically to ensure the health and safety of everyone working on and using the site and to maximize reuse and recycling from these sites.
To contribute to the overall contract operation by working with the Management team, Transport Manager and sites staff and providing weekend cover on a rota basis.
In so doing make sure corporate targets are met especially in terms of H&S, profitability, recycling and best possible customer service through the service delivery.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
Be fully conversant with the operational requirements of the Contract and Service Delivery Plan
Manage the delivery of the Contract by:-
• Monitoring and reporting on the standards of service delivered at the sites in accordance with contractual requirements through the introduction of formal monitoring and reporting;
• Taking prompt action to rectify any shortcomings in service delivery, particularly regarding capacity issues, site cleanliness, housekeeping and customer service;
• Setting appropriate targets that deliver continuous improvement in service standards; in particular for recycling achievement and customer satisfaction;
• Implementing a maintenance schedule for the facilities and associated infrastructure to ensure that the sites are well presented to the public and meet the contract standards;
• Working with site staff and customers to gather and implement suggestions, where appropriate, for further improvements to the service.
• Working with the Information and Education Manager to monitor, record and improve customer satisfaction and re-use & recycling levels at the sites.
• Assist the Contract Manager to ensure that the infrastructure and new site development is managed and delivered in accordance with the SDP.
• Working with the Transport Manager to provide supervision of the sites and Transport functions, during all operational hours, including weekends and bank holidays.
Re-Use & Recycling
Maximise re-use & recycling rates at the RCs by working with site staff, Information and Education Manager, Materials Manager and Commercial Manager:-
• Identify opportunities to expand the range of materials re-used or recycled;
• Promote the re-use & recycling facilities available at the sites.
• Publicise the re-use & recycling rates achieved at the sites.
Systems, Data and Reporting
Co-ordinate the collection and recording of data to ensure that:-
• Appropriate reports are produced;
• Reports are delivered in a timely manner;
• Data required to support payment is accurately recorded and reconciled.
Work with other staff members to ensure compliance with the Company’s Integrated Quality Management System (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and 50001) and support continuous improvement in service delivery, including resolution of complaints relating to the services delivered under the Contract.
Recruit, manage and develop site staff (Team Leaders, Operatives and relief/temporary staff), ensuring that they are appropriately trained and motivated. Be responsible for the Health and Safety of direct reports and others working on the contract and public using the site. Manage staff fully in accordance with FCC staff handbook, managers’ handbook and HR policy.
To contribute to the overall Contract operation by working with the Management team, Transport Manager and sites staff and providing weekend cover on a rota basis.
Ensure all staff are competent to do the job and are trained in accordance with FCC H&S requirements and procedures and implement a formal induction, probation and review process.
Build relationships with the client and other contract partners through the careful management of expectations and the interests of all parties.
Develop contingency arrangements to support permanent staffing arrangements.
Work closely with internal colleagues, including; Commercial Manager, Group Plant Manager, Group Materials Manager, Estates Manager, Engineering Manager, HR, H&S Advisor, Finance Manager and Doncaster based support services.
Responsibility to operate within cost budget and make efficiency savings wherever possible.
Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Company from time to time.
• Working in the waste or similar sector
• Customer focused service delivery organisation
• Experience of busy office in multi-site organisation
• Management of remote teams
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Satisfactory completion of the Certificate of Technical Competence (CMS)
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
• Knowledge of recycling sites and Transport operation
Personal attributes and other requirements
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Confident telephone manner
• Accurate and sound administration and organisational skills
• Confident in use of Microsoft Office, especially creating and using Excel and Word
• Resilient and able to work on own initiative
• Team player
• Well-disciplined and have a flexible attitude to respond to the needs of the Contract
• Customer focused
• To promote a safe, good health and safety culture embracing refresher and other training as required.
• Available and willing to work weekends on a rota basis
• Hold a full UK driving licence
• To be a professional ambassador for both FCC and KCC in all dealings with stakeholders, and members of the public, and to this end must be well presented and wearing FCC branded PPE and work wear when customer/public facing
Any other reasonable request.
Main purpose and scope of job