Business Development Manager
Verwood, Dorset (with options for remote working)
We are Modulek, a leading provider of modular buildings. Serving a broad client base, including the education, sports and leisure, health and MOD sectors, we offer a truly permanent, cost effective and fast alternative to traditional construction.
Using our industry-leading expertise, built up over the last 25 years, we offer buildings to suit almost any layout and design and ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to our clients’ requirements.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis and lead our new business generation efforts.
- Salary of £50,000 - £60,000 per annum plus commission structure
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Welcoming and engaging work environment
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced sales professional with a background in the construction industry or similar business-to-business products and services related enterprise, to join our exceptional business.
You will be part of an award-winning team where you will have the chance to showcase your high-calibre knowledge and skill set by playing a key role in helping us to achieve outstanding levels of revenue.
So, if you’re logical, passionate and want to become a crucial member of our team, then apply today!
As the Business Development Manager, you will generate new opportunities to sell our exceptional modular buildings to a variety of industries.
Taking ownership of a variety of projects and converting new leads to bring them across the line, you will influence clients by communicating the selling points of our products and services. You will increase our conversion ratio and hunt down every deal to achieve your target of £5m of new business revenue and help us reach our growth plans.
To convert leads, you will get out in front of clients for presentations, forge relationships via the phone and create proactive plans to develop your pipeline.
Additionally, you will lead and support the Sales Team to follow up on existing clients and ensure we maintain a continuous sales pipeline.
To be considered as our Business Development Manager, you will need:
- At least three year’s progressive sales experience in the construction industry, or similar business-to-business products and services related enterprise
- Proven experience achieving or exceeding targets
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and closing sales agreements
- Experience of using and managing a sales pipeline
- Proven experience and success in telephone and in-person sales
- The proven ability to deal with challenging customers and manage rejections
- The ability to influence key decision makers on product selling points
- A recognised certification in sales or customer service, or a combination of education and work experience
- A full, valid driving licence
Formal sales training would be beneficial to your application.
This is a permanent, full-time role working Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Other organisations may call this role BDM, BD Manager, New Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Team Manager, Business Development Team Manager, or Sales Team Lead.
Webrecruit and Modulek are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready for a new challenge as a Business Development Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Business Development Manager