Head of Trusts & Statutory Fundraising
Home Based (regular travel required)
Belonging to the Royal Voluntary Service community means supporting our volunteers to assist the nation’s health and wellbeing. Our people are a welcoming team of individuals from every background who support one another to be their best. They are also some of the country’s most compassionate and dedicated people who step forward to help make society better connected and more inclusive - where everyone can thrive.
We are currently looking for a Head of Trusts & Statutory Fundraising to join at a really exciting time for Royal Voluntary Service.
As the Head of Trusts & Statutory Fundraising, you will lead the design and delivery of our Trusts and Statutory Fundraising strategy to underpin our wider strategic plan by exploiting both a wide range of existing fundraising sources and new income opportunities.
You will have proven fundraising experience at a senior level, and the proficiency in securing funds from various avenues.
This is a full-time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday however we are open to candidates interested in flexible working or alternative hours. This is a home based role although you may be expected to travel as and when required.
We are keen to hear from candidates currently working in senior fundraising roles for third-sector organisations, who would relish the opportunity to make a real difference at Royal Voluntary Service
You will be responsible for:
- Attracting new funders to the charity, ensuring the highest levels of stewardship to grow and maintain high value relationships
- Investigate and maximise new income opportunities, offering support to other stream leads
- Writing and submitting high quality applications to a range of funders ensuring compliance with best practice in fundraising including use of data and confidentiality
- Chair and devise content for meetings
- Manage a team of Trusts and Statutory Fundraisers
- Collaborate with Marketing on social media engagement
- Develop compelling cases for support
- Track and report budgets
You will need:
- Experience of developing fundraising strategies and plans, agreeing targets, and setting and reforecasting budgets
- A talent for building relationships
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- To be a talented writer, able to craft compelling narratives
- To be data and budget literate, able to create timely reports
- A high level of numeracy
- In-depth experience of Statutory, Trusts and Foundations fundraising would be an advantage
What you get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
- An annual salary of £51,000 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
- Six weeks company sick pay
- A great pension scheme
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
- A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions counselling included
- Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
How to apply
Please select the apply button shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as uploading your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is 5th July 2022.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Head of Trusts & Statutory Fundraising