Retail & Café Manager (Part-Time)
Epping Shop & Cafe and Herts & Essex Shop, Epping, Essex
Royal Voluntary Service cafés, shops and trolleys in hospitals, leisure centres and other locations are part of the fabric of the charity and a real asset in their own right. Staffed by employees and volunteers, we provide an outstanding range of beverages and healthy food choices. Our customers love the fact that the money they spend with us pays for volunteer action in hospitals and the community.
As a Retail & Café Manager, you will lead a passionate team of staff and volunteers who work hard to deliver outstanding customer service at Epping Shop & Cafe and Herts & Essex Shop.
In this busy role, you will:
- Run the shop efficiently and effectively
- Deliver a friendly, helpful and efficient customer service
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness, complying with Health and Safety and food hygiene standards and ensuring all areas of the site remain tidy
- Lead, manage and motivate your team, providing coaching, mentoring and training
- Recruit and co-ordinate volunteers and employees
- Complete regular competitor visits to identify trends and opportunities
- Oversee stock ordering, deliveries and controls
- Evaluate performance and provide feedback for team members
This is a permanent, part-time role working 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
What you’ll need
To join us as a Retail & Café Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working at management level in a similar retail environment
- Proven leadership and people management and/or motivational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of using EPOS systems
- Knowledge and experience of general administrative processes
- The ability to use standard IT Microsoft applications and internet systems to a basic level
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good organisational skills
- A full, valid driving licence
What you get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
- A salary of £9.69 per hour
- 25 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
- Six weeks’ company sick pay
- A great pension scheme
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
- A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions counselling included
- Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
How to apply
Please select the apply button shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as uploading your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is the 19th July 2022. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Retail Manager, Retail Supervisor, Shop Manager, Store Manager, Retail Team Leader, Café Manager, Catering Manager, Shop Supervisor, or Store Supervisor.
Retail & Café Manager (Part-Time)