18 Market Square, Westerham, TN16 1AR
Be there when it matters
Sue Ryder is one of the largest charity retailers in the UK with over 400 shops. Every item sold in our shops generates funding so we can continue to provide 2.7 million hours of expert medical, practical and emotional support every year, in our hospices and neurological centres, in people's homes and in the community.
We have a much-loved presence on high streets across the country - with a range of and innovative shops, including boutiques, vintage and retro shops, and large format stores. As a member of the retail team you’ll be helping us Inspire communities to provide more care for more people through innovating and collaborating on ways to reduce, reuse and recycle. You will also be contributing to drive up the income that generates the vital funds necessary to keep our care and support services running.
Our friendly staff and volunteers welcome you seven days a week to browse our vast selection of goods from donated fashion, jewellery, antiques, DVDs and more to our range of brand new goods for the home.
Do you have retail experience with excellent customer service skills? Are you comfortable working in a busy fast paced environment? If so come and support our Shop Manager to run our brand Westerham store and contribute to the work we do across Sue Ryder!
As our new Shop Assistant you will help us to create a well-presented shop where customers get great service. You will sort and size stock, and be on hand to help customers with their purchases. Remember that you could often be moving stock - which may involve lifting heavy goods or furniture.
Other responsibilities include:
• To help maximise donated income through proactive stock generation, optimum pricing, processing stock to agreed levels and stock planning
• Set high standards of merchandising and housekeeping, ensuring you and your teams health and safety is a priority
• Manage effective stock processes to ensure your shop is well merchandised with fresh, seasonal stock at all times.
• Act as a brand ambassador for Sue Ryder, supporting in store campaign’s to promote the brand and national fundraising initiatives.
To do this, you need to be organised and IT-literate. Retail experience is essential. You should also have good basic arithmetic and a gift for engaging with people with a positive can do attitude.
Competitive Benefits Package
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 with length of service plus bank holidays (pro rata if part-time), - Company pension scheme
- Staff discount with thousands of retailers
- Refer a Friend scheme - £250 payment
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- and lots more. Please visit our careers website for the full list.
Interview date: 18th July 2022
If you want more than just a job, We want you.
Join the team and be there when it matters.
In the event that we receive a significant number of applications, we may choose to close this role ahead of the closing date published.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition - we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can. Shops, including boutiques, vintage and retro shops, and large format stores, we want to continue drive up the income that our retail operations generate.