Hyde Park, London
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for a Fundraising Officer to join our team, supporting our ‘In Memory’ dedication fundraising activity. This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week or four days per week.
- Salary of £29,001 - £35,000 pro rata, depending on experience
- 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service)
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme - available to all staff and family members
This is a great opportunity for a fundraising or customer service professional looking to gain experience in legacy giving, major donor fundraising or individual giving with our prestigious organisation.
Millions of people visit The Royal Parks each year for the calm and wellbeing benefits our green spaces provide. In this rewarding role, your work will ensure both the longevity of these spaces and their particular importance to our donors.
So, if you would like to apply your fundraising skills and passion to help London’s green spaces flourish and enable people to celebrate their loved ones with unique tributes, we want to hear from you.
As a Fundraising Officer, you will provide excellent customer care, administration and management of our In Memory bench dedications to increase legacy pledges.
Acting as the first point of contact for all inbound enquiries, you will provide sensitive stewardship to our donors during their bench dedication journey. By managing the supporter information inbox, you will foster donor support through excellent customer care, whilst promoting further fundraising initiatives.
You will organise and lead site visits with donors, ensuring a compassionate and caring experience during the installation of new benches. Working closely with our Park Teams, you will organise the installation of benches as well as answering enquiries about the condition of benches.
Additionally, you will:
- Accurately maintain our CRM database
- Develop new In Memory giving propositions
- Prepare bespoke stewardship communications for donors
- Ensure all dedications follow our inscription guidelines
- Complete all necessary bench and plaque acquisition administration
To be considered as a Fundraising Officer, you will need:
- Experience of customer service or fundraising, ideally in the charity sector
- Experience of handling multiple competing responsibilities and a busy workload
- Experience of handling sensitive conversations with empathy and tact
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to tactfully engage with donors
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to personalise communications
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- The ability to build strong professional relationships
Ideally, you will have experience of processing donations and handling Gift Aid declarations. Experience of using a fundraising CRM system for data entry and management would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraiser, Legacy Fundraiser, Community Fundraising Officer, Community Fundraiser, Charity Fundraiser, or Charity Fundraising Officer.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you can provide sensitive and tactful stewardship to our In Memory donors as a Fundraising Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.