Income Recovery Officer
Deadline: 14/07/2022 23:59
Benefits: 27 days holiday; buy and sell annual leave programme; PerkBox; Health Cash Plan and more
Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Income Recovery Officer to deliver an empathetic, reliable, and customer focused income recovery management service which will ensure that tenants’ needs are identified, and that prompt action is taken to respond to those needs and to prevent escalation of rent arrears.
Key responsibilities include:
- To assist the Customer Manager in the collection and protection of rent in general needs housing properties and service charges income (Currently circa £6+m per annum.)
- To assist the Customer Manager in managing service charge and housing expenditure (currently circa £500k per annum ).
- Monitor and manage arrears, provide monthly progress reports, highlighting trends and exceptions, demonstrating compliance with procedures, and making recommendations where required for evictions.
- To visit, either by appointment or on an ad hoc basis, new and existing tenants in accordance with Housing for Women’s policies and procedures to ensure that tenants have settled in to ensure rent collection, service charge and housing benefit problems are taken up and dealt with.
- To liaise with external organisations, in particular local authority housing benefit, social service departments, health authorities and DWP to bring to their attention any relevant challenges experienced by the tenants to ensure that tenants receive the housing related services and / or welfare benefits to which they are entitled.
- To ensure that the Customer Manager is kept fully informed about issues arising that may have an impact on rent collection, agree appropriate courses of action to resolve, including the taking of legal action, preparation of court papers and attendance at court representing the Association.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Proven experience of effective management of current and former rent arrears.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a commitment to customer service in respect of arrears management and recovery.
- Good knowledge of all relevant legislation and landlord and resident obligations
- Good knowledge housing and welfare benefits and willingness to ensure knowledge is kept up to date in line with welfare and legislative changes
- Working experience of possession procedures, including PCOL (possession claims online).
- The ability to drive own performance and improvements and consistently work towards achieving goals and high standards with minimum supervision and with strong planning and prioritising
Candidates interested in applying should attach a cover letter outlining how they meet the essential criteria specified in the job ad as well as how they think they meet Housing for Women’s EPIC values.
Housing for Women is an independent organisation, and we support women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 85 years; providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have.
So, if can provide excellent service support as a Income Recovery Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Income Recovery Officer