Head of Project Management
We are seeking a Head of Project Management to be the strategic leader responsible for the management and continual improvement and innovation of the project management processes, systems and practices used to deliver our programme of work across NFER. The business owner for our project management system (ClarizenOne); accountable for the adoption of the system, training and continual improvement.
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Job Type: Permanent
NFER has grown significantly over the last few years, enabling us to increase the evidence and insights we provide to support key decision-makers to improve education and outcomes for children and young people. The size and complexity of our projects have also increased, creating the need for us to transform our approach to project management across NFER and professionalise its implementation, increasing our ability to improve outcomes for children and young people in the UK and globally.
In this role you will responsible for:
- the transforming project management and driving positive change to create a high-performing organisation, placing a priority on continuous improvement.
- investigating and implementing an appropriate PMO structure across the organisation which has the ability to evolve over time.
- ClarizenOne, accountable for driving engagement, maximising the benefits and the continual improvement of the system across the foundation
- maintaining key metrics to monitor the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of delivery of project management across the Foundation. Evaluate and report on these to Departmental and Senior Management Teams, identifying areas for attention and improvement.
- proactively planning upcoming project work to ensure workload is managed effectively.
- identifying skill gaps or workload issues to ensure projects are appropriately resourced. Make the best use of the skill sets of our people across NFER, using learning and development and recruitment.
- Proven experience of embracing and initiating change. Can distinguish what to preserve and what to change. Has the courage to initiate and lead the changes that drive success
- Excellent project management expertise including formal qualifications and experience in a variety of project management methodologies, such as PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) and Agile (SCRUM/DSDM/SAFE).
- Gravitas, strong communication/presentation skills and the ability to manage relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- The ability to develop and train others in project management best practices across a dispersed workforce.
- Experience of developing and implementing a PMO.
- Strong leadership capability, able to develop talent and capabilities, identify and cultivate essential skills and attributes to maximise individual contribution and engagement.
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
Other roles you may have experience of include: Senior Programme Manager, Head of PMO, PMO Manager, Head of Projects
We put impact before profit to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere, supporting positive change across education systems worldwide.
We are an independent charity and a trusted destination for education research evidence and insights.
We embrace agility and flexibility to enable you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments.
We place equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
We offer our Head of Project Management
- Competitive salary
- Gold standard pension scheme
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for continued professional development
- Flexible working with hybrid working to suit your needs meaning you get a great work/life balance
- Lots of well-being and social activities
- Skilled Worker visa sponsorship
- And the opportunity to help children around the world have a better life.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
We are reviewing applications regularly as part of an ongoing recruitment process.
If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul, and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
Head of Project Management