Organisational Development Director
London, N4 (with hybrid or remote working)
Economy does long-term work to build power with people experiencing economic injustice through collectively understanding, reimagining and changing the economy. Our vision is of a world with economies that meet the needs and priorities of people currently experiencing economic injustice.
Our new five-year strategy, which will be publicly launched in early 2023, sets out how we plan to do this work. Our two new posts, working alongside the team and our newly appointed trustees, will be a crucial part of overseeing this work and ensuring that we are carrying out our mission in the best possible way.
Our new strategy identifies a gap in the many organisations working on economic change. We have an ambitious plan for how we can do long-term work to build power directly with people experiencing economic injustice and collectively understand, reimagine and change the economy. The strategy is ambitious and far-reaching. It sets out our plans to expand and grow the team in the next year and beyond.
Ahead of the launch of our new strategy we have restructured to create posts aligned with our new vision and principles. We are now recruiting for a new Organisational Development Director to support the infrastructure of Economy.
- Salary of £43,886 per annum
- Flexible working
- A commitment to the development and success of our staff
- Join an organisation with a diverse and truly representative board of trustees
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre professional with experience of finance and HR to join our growing organisation.
We are a diverse and passionate team, who have meticulously crafted an open and inclusive environment. We do this by encouraging and facilitating flexible working, promoting professional development and through a commitment to our staff’s health and wellbeing.
In this highly rewarding role, your leadership will not only contribute to our goal of building economically engaged communities but will play a crucial role in the growth of our organisation as you harness our passion, expertise and potential.
As the Organisational Development Director, you will oversee the effective development and delivery of systems to support of our organisational strategy, HR policies and financial security.
Overseeing our HR and People Team, you will review and develop our HR policies and systems with a focus on our Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Oppression policy.
Providing excellent financial management and planning, you will manage the relationship with our book-keeping and payroll providers, overseeing regular financial reporting and leading our annual budget.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations and law
- Contribute to income generation
- Create business plans and monitor progress against them
- Develop, implement and promote a strong set of organisational values
To be considered as the Organisational Development Director, you will need:
- Experience of developing and implementing an effective HR approach
- Experience of financial oversight and managing an organisational finance function
- Experience of overseeing the development of effective systems and processes
- Experience of taking action to improve diversity, inclusion and anti-oppression
- An understanding of how to apply a diversity, inclusion and anti-oppression approach
- A good understanding of charity governance including risk management and compliance
- An understanding of how to manage an income pipeline and develop effective business plans
- The ability to carry out highly effective line management
Other organisations might call this role HR Director, Head of HR, Head of Human Resources, Director of People and Organisational Development, or Head of Organisational Development.
Please note the closing date for applications is Wednesday the 30th November 2022.
We aim for diversity, inclusion and anti-oppression (DIAO) to sit at the core of all of our work: both the ways that we organise ourselves and work together within the organisation and in the ways that we design and carry out our external facing work. Achieving this is not a simple task and will require continuing effort on many fronts, but we are strongly committed to achieving it.
So, if you can provide our charity with excellent vision and values as the Organisational Development Director, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Organisational Development Director