Leeds, West Yorkshire
Together we can make a real difference
Belonging to the Royal Voluntary Service community means inspiring volunteers to support the nation’s health and wellbeing. It means tackling the most pressing social issues in a workplace full of opportunities.
We’re currently looking for Administrator to join us on a full-time basis supporting three Happy, Healthy Lives Services in West Yorkshire.
The Healthy, Happy Lives programme promotes physical and emotional health, helping to keep people enjoying an active role in their community.
As an Administrator, you will support our three Happy Healthy Lives services, clients, staff and volunteers.
Acting as a first point of contact for general enquiries, client referrals and volunteer recruitment and training, you will handle email and inbound calls, actioning referrals and updating our client database.
You will oversee the administration of volunteer applications, rotas, logs and mileage claims, as well as providing volunteers with schedule support.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday, on a fixed-term contract until the end of September 2024.
What you’ll need:
To be considered as an Administrator, you will need:
- Demonstratable experience of working or volunteering in administrative support for a busy service team
- Experience of communicating with volunteers
- Demonstrable ability to support, calm and enthuse others
- An understanding of the NHS and Health and Social Care sector
- The ability to remotely schedule the movements of a dispersed staff and volunteer team
- The ability to travel to attend occasional face to face team meetings.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office and the ability to learn internal data management systems
Please note, this role will require travel to attend occasional in person meetings.
Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to pre-employment checks. This may include a DBS check.
What you get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from the following:
- Salary of £18,158.79 per annum (pro rata)
- 25 days’ holiday (pro rata) plus paid statutory Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Six weeks company sick pay
- A great pension scheme
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact on people affected by dementia
- Laptop, mobile phone and printer
- Travel expenses reimbursed for all business miles (45p per mile)
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
- A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions counselling included
- Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
How to apply
Please select the apply button shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as uploading your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for applications is 14th December 2022. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Other organisations may call this role Office Administrator, Office Co-ordinator, Volunteer Administrator, Service Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Secretary, Admin Assistant, Office Assistant, EA, PA, Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, or Administrative Officer.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.