Committee Manager (Part-Time)
About Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood is a short drive away.
At a glance
- 700 historic assets and 22 conservation areas, 77% of the district is in the Green Belt
- 1,914 NNDR registered businesses with the economy providing 39,000 jobs
- Very low crime rate
- The district ranks highly for business registrations and start ups with a highly skilled and trained workforce, high employment levels with GVA and weekly earnings above average
We are currently seeking a Committee Manager, to join us on a permanent, part-time basis working 18.5 hours per week.
- Salary of £33,820 - £36,298 (pro rata), per annum excluding London Weighting
- 28 days' holiday - rising to 30 days
- A generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- Career development
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Employee volunteering schemes and
- Access to discounted activities and days out
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with an interest in local government and experience of providing administrative support to committee meetings, to join our brilliant Council.
This is a rare chance to support the proper functioning of our democracy as you work with Elected Members and play a leading role in the workings of local Government.
So, if you’re looking for a highly engaging role where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the local community whilst receiving a fantastic benefits package, then this is the perfect position for you.
As the Committee Manager, you will support the decision-making process of the Council by supporting the effective servicing of formal and informal meetings.
Carrying out a range of research and analysis duties you will support the preparation of reports, for the Council, Panels, Committees, Forums, Members and officers.
Providing excellent organisational support, you will prepare agendas for meetings and co-ordinate the distribution and receipt of reports from various departments.
Additionally, you will:
- Take meeting minutes as the representative of the Director of Strategic Services
- Ensure adherence to the Authority’s Procedure Rules and Codes of Practice
- Arrange and attend the opening of any tenders as necessary
To be considered as the Committee Manager, you will need:
- Experience of clerking and administrative support at committee meetings
- Experience within local government
- The ability to understand and interpret legislation
- The ability to understand basic statistical and accounting information
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Good IT skills with working knowledge of MS packages
- Good communication skills
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- To be educated to at least A-Level standard
Ideally, you will have experience and knowledge of Committee administration in a local Government setting.
This post is politically restricted.
Closing Date: 19th December 2022.
A basic DBS / Enhanced DBS check will be carried out for this post.
Other organisations may call this role Local Government Manager, Committee Service Manager, Committee Policy Manager, Governance Manager, or Committee Lead.
So, if you’re seeking an exciting opportunity as a Committee Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Committee Manager (Part-Time)