Yusen Logistics is working to become the world’s preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we’re dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world’s preferred choice.
We are looking for a Procurement Officer to be based at our site in Wellingborough (NN8 6BS). The successful candidate will support the Procurement Manager by building and maintaining strong and positive relationships with suppliers and stakeholders at all times. You will effectively evaluate supply options across a varied goods and services portfolio and provide an exceptional Procurement Service to Yusen Logistics. We are looking for someone with proven experience in facilities management.
This role would support flexible/hybrid work with a salary of 40k (Depending on Experience).
Benefits of joining us
• 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
• Car allowance of £5000 per annum
• Company Pension Scheme
• Employee benefits i.e. Discount schemes including E-vouchers and gift cards, gym membership as well as a recognition platform
• Critical Illness Cover
• Tailored development and career opportunities
• Company sick pay*
• Employee Wellness initiatives - WeCare- includes 24/7 online GP, mental health support service, get fit programme and more
Duties & Responsibilities
• Create and maintain effective partnerships with suppliers and all relevant stakeholders to drive performance
• Negotiating and delivering cost savings whilst ensuring the highest level of quality and service
• Market and internal analysis - using market intelligence, benchmarking, market testing, competitive tendering, pre-qualification, evaluation, and recommendation of potential suppliers
• Liaising with key employees to promote the awareness of the Procurement department, offering advice and guidance to the business in all matters relating to the procurement of goods and services in-line with the use of existing Procurement Policy and Procedures
• Develop service level agreements and key performance indicators to monitor and measure suppliers against pre-determined targets as part of ongoing supplier contract management
• Provide market intelligence and advise the business on the best way to achieve value for money, including total cost of ownership, innovation and sustainability initiatives
• Supporting the department with day-to-day operational requirements
Skills & Requirements
• Minimum Level 4 CIPS qualified or relevant experience
• Experience within similar role within a Procurement Function of a multi-site organisation, ideally with experience of dealing with multiple vendors
• Experienced in using advanced excel
• Work well under pressure with great time management
• Fantastic communication and influencing skills
• Ability to build sustainable and productive relationships with suppliers
• Excellent attention to detail
• Hold a driving license and own a vehicle (Necessary for the role)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Yusen Logistics is an equal opportunities employer, who encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their personal circumstances. We make our recruiting decisions solely based on the skillset and experience. Diversity allows us to create an inclusive environment, where our employees can strive and grow their potential.