Douglas & Grahame Ltd, t/a REMUS UOMO, 1880 CLUB et al.
Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim.
An independent fashion house boasting 95 years heritage, Douglas & Grahame’s Brand portfolio includes leading menswear brands REMUS UOMO, Douglas, DG’s Drifter and Daniel Grahame as well as best-in-class schoolwear/boyswear brand 1880 CLUB.
With the company’s long-established strength and success rooted in an unmatched commitment to product quality and exceptional customer service across all channels, Douglas & Grahame’s future vision is now focussed on ‘connected retail’, and the creation of a seamless experience for customers engaging with each of its brands across all offline and online touch points. Leveraging new technologies to bring leading-edge digital environments to the shop floor, enhancing customer experience and customer service in the fulfilment of an omni-channel sales strategy.
The organisations entire product portfolio is designed in-house, manufactured offshore, shipped to their headquarters in Carrickfergus, and distributed to retailers across the UK, ROI and Europe.
The Buying Manager will be responsible for the development and delivery of commercial collections from conception to fulfilment, to achieve sales and margin targets aligned to the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Setting of the strategic direction for each relevant brand and product category each season, in conjunction with the Design Director
- Seasonal range planning and Critical path management of all aspects of product development, buying and production
- Lead, manage, support and motivate a team including buyers, designers, production planners and technical resources in product development and production fulfilment
- Negotiation of prices, terms and delivery schedules with suppliers to meet company policy, budgets and objectives
- Management of the delivery of production programs in conjunction with production planning and Ops colleagues
- Manage the sourcing strategy for each brand and product category to achieve required quality, price points and lead times
- Both building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers, in addition to assisting with the identification and investigation of new suppliers
- Be prepared to travel to relevant trade exhibitions and production sites as product design and development matters may require.
Douglas & Grahame Ltd are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
To apply as a Buying Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.