Volunteer to help Sue Ryder be there when it matters
As a Display Volunteer in our Sheringham Sue Ryder charity shop, you'll put your creative eye for design to good use by window dressing, producing an interesting and inviting atmosphere to entice customers into the shop and help display items at their best potential. You will also be one of the store’s friendly faces who will help us to provide the best customer experience whilst playing an important role in raising funds for our charity work.
Please note - we do have a minimum age requirement in our shops of 18. We regret that we cannot proceed with your application if you are not yet 18.
The Role - Display Volunteer
• Showcase special treasures and design unique displays in store.
• Use our merchandising guidelines to best effect.
• Sorting, labelling, pricing of stock
• Donations and Gift Aid - meet donors, receive donations, sign donors up to GiftAid
• Greeting and helping customers
• Serving customers on the till (training provided)
• Maintaining shop displays, re-stocking,
• Light cleaning/tidying duties to keep the shop inviting and well presented
As a Display Volunteer you will:
• Enjoy helping and engaging with customers
• Enthusiastic and pro-active
• Ability to work as part of a team
How you will benefit
• Make new friends and become a part of your local community
• Be part of a friendly team
• Learn new, transferable skills and enhance your CV
• Flexible working
• Volunteer discount on donated goods
• Travel expenses - we are happy to reimburse reasonable travel expenses for a minimum regular commitment.
About Sue Ryder
We provide care, bereavement and emotional support in our hospices and neurological centres, in people's homes, online and in the community.
Sue Ryder is one of the UK’s largest charity retailers with over 400 shops.
Our shops generate funding so we can provide an annual 2.7 million hours of expert medical care.
Sue Ryder places huge value on the diversity that we have within our team of volunteers and supporters.
If you have any questions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.sueryder.org