Chief Executive Officer
Contract Length: Permanent
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 DOE
Harrow Carers is a well-regarded and successful charity providing support, advice and services for local carers. In addition to specialist services for younger and older carers and those caring for people with mental health problems, we provide counselling and specialist advice and a regulated home care service. We are affiliated to Carers Trust and Carers UK.
Following the retirement of our CEO we are seeking a creative, entrepreneurial individual with a successful track record as a senior leader, ideally as a CEO, to achieve our ambitions as the leading organisation supporting unpaid carers in Harrow.
You will be a person with enthusiasm, determination, vision and superb interpersonal and team building skills. You will be able to provide a strong visible presence to Carers Trust Network Partners as well as all stakeholders, engendering trust and confidence and giving clarity to all of our vision and mission.
As our CEO, you must be passionate about improving the lives of carers and have a proven record in strategic leadership as well as the ability to meet the challenges of raising and managing resources in an uncertain environment. It is critical that the person appointed has the ability to lead and develop staff to provide excellent and agile services.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the flare to initiate innovative schemes as well as manage and develop our existing range of services, including those in which we take a leading role with partners and work across a wider area: Novus Homeshare and the London-wide employment support service, Working for Carers.
As our CEO, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the board and key stakeholders to develop and implement the strategic vision of Harrow Carers
- Sustaining and growing the charity financially and reputationally in line with strategic plans using a combination of business development and fundraising skills and experience
- Representing the charity as the main ambassador and engaging with all stakeholders
- Leading and inspiring the organisation and providing clear direction and vision for staff, partners and all stakeholders
- Overseeing the delivery of high quality, safe and values driven services for our people through strong quality and risk management and safeguarding practices
- Positively engaging with and influencing key stakeholders including government, partners, media and the business community
- Delivering and upholding our values, championing carers and having a strong presence across the diverse local population and the wider health and social care sector
We would particularly like to hear from you if you have held the title of MD, CEO, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director, Operations Director, Care Operations Director, Senior Operations Manager, or Head of Care Services.
For more information on our services, please visit our website.
Closing date: 20th November 2019 (may close earlier if the vacancy is filled in the meantime)
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Chief Executive Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday (flexibility required)
Chief Executive Officer