Head of Park Operations
Rangers Lodge, Hyde Park
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, Green Park, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Park, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We’re eager to enhance our levels of expertise as an organisation and grow the scale and scope of works that we are undertaking across our parks. As such, we are looking for a Head of Park Operations to help us deliver the highest standards in park management.
- Salary of £50,000 - £57,000 per annum DOE
- Pension scheme
- 26 days’ holiday per annum plus public holidays
- Work from Rangers Lodge, a beautiful building based in the heart of Hyde Park
If you have a strong background in environmental or landscape services, this is an incredible opportunity to drive the success of London’s iconic green spaces.
Our parks are currently enjoyed by millions of people, but their landscapes are increasingly at risk from a range of pressures, such as climate change, increasing footfall, external development and biodiversity loss. These factors all pose unique challenges and it is vital that we evolve to meet them head on.
You will have the chance to elevate our operations to the next level, which will enable us to continue protecting and promoting our parks, ensuring they can be enjoyed for generations to come.
As the Head of Park Operations, you will identify opportunities to enhance park and landscape management across the Royal Parks.
In this important role, you will:
- Work with colleagues and contractors to protect and enhance the landscape of the parks
- Drive the ongoing development and evolution of landscape maintenance services
- Take the lead on arboricultural management
- Take the lead on Health and Safety Management and Business Continuity Planning
- Act as the Senior Reporting Officer on the delivery of projects and programmes
To join us as the Head of Park Operations, you will need:
- Significant experience of working at a senior level in an environmental and/or landscape service delivery organisation
- Demonstrable experience of thinking and working strategically, including strategy development and implementation
- Knowledge and experience of operational park management and arboriculture
- Experience of leading teams or functions through change to achieve overall goals
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety management, sustainability and business continuity planning
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of environmental or landscape management
- Strong financial management and control skills, including the ability to plan within budget
- Membership to an appropriate professional institute, such as LI, IoH or CMI
- A postgraduate degree or equivalent qualification, such as the CMI or MSc in landscape or environmental management
Other organisations may call this role Head of Landscape Operations, Head of Environmental Management, Head of Landscape Management, Head of Park Management, Senior Park Operations Manager, or Senior Landscape Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 3rd February 2020. Interviews will take place the week commencing the 10th February 2020.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as our Head of Park Operations, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Head of Park Operations