Location: Bishops Stortford
Working Schedule: Monday – Friday 45
Salary: £ 21,000
Bunzl Cleaning & Hygiene Supplies is the UK’s leading supplier of janitorial, cleaning, and hygiene products. As part of the Bunzl plc, one of the fastest-growing international distribution and outsourcing groups, we’re able to provide our customers with the most cost-effective and competitively priced solutions for their cleaning and hygiene needs, in addition to the very best in customer service.
• 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days after 5 years’ service, with an option of buying up to 5 days extra per year
• Company sick pay
• Bunzl Save as you Earn Sharesave Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
• Comprehensive Learning and Development
• Bunzl Personal Pension Plan
• Personal benefits for Theme park discounts,Cycle to work scheme, Cinema discounts etc.
To manage operational and support the Warehouse manager, deputising in their absence, control and coordinate and manage a small delivery transport function using IT logistic software, in line with legal requirements, maintaining administration and company standards of performance
• Deputise in Managers absence and work collaboratively with all management to achieve objectives
• Discharge duties in a safe manner in accordance with relevant legislation and Bunzl EHS policies.
• Report hazards immediately.
• Use all equipment provided in accordance with safe working practices.
• Ensure site is secured inline with local requirements at end of shift
• Ensure the warehouse and yard are kept clean and tidy at all times, that spillages are promptly cleared and waste minimised.
• Receive goods and check into the warehouse accurately.
• Place goods correctly into storage bays. Ensure that stock is stored to allow safe storage, lifting and lowering
• Pick goods accurately and build pallets in a way that protects personal safety, the safety of the driver in transit and when delivering and ensures the integrity of the product.
• Report any short orders.
• Assist in loading vehicles, working with the driver to ensure compliance with all legal requirements on vehicle loading.
• Coordinated and route plan through IT all delivery routes
• Meet timeframes for delivery vehicle loading and departing
Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail, thoroughness and a methodical approach to work.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others.
If you’re ready to work in a team environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
Bunzl supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it is in the company’s best interests and those of all who work in it, to ensure that the human resources, talents and skills available throughout the community are considered when employment opportunities arise.If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.