Swadlincote, DE11 9AA
Are you an experienced proactive shop manager? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skills and efforts to make a difference? to give something back? If so, become part of the team at our Swadlincote shop and join one of the UK’s most recognisable charities and contribute to the work we do across Sue Ryder!
Our shops are one of the most important ways in which we raise money to support people living through the challenges of life-changing illness. So when you work in one, you’re not just helping us to turn a profit – you’re helping to improve the lives of the people we exist to help.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Organise fundraising events to promote Sue Ryder
• Recruit, train & retain a volunteer team, who'll look to you for leadership and guidance.
• Proactively maintain a well merchandised shop that pushes the boundaries and goes above and beyond your customers' individual expectations
• Manage effective stock processes and embrace new ways of working through the introduction of an Epos operation
• Attend area meetings and assisting at other shops as required
• Embracing changes and development of new IT procedures
Our Shop Managers are vital to our success and by using your retail experience to drive business, push sales and achieve targets you’ll be improving the lives of people with a life-changing condition. Use your entrepreneurial flair to make a difference and we will reward you with career development within our expanding retail business. To be successful in this role you’ll have the commercial awareness to deliver sales and meet deadlines combined with ability to plan and prioritise. You will have proven team leadership skills and the ability to lead a team of volunteers. It is essential is that you enjoy engaging with people, you have a positive can do attitude and a good understanding of financial and IT administration.
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata), buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more. For a full list of employee benefits please visit our main careers webpage.
A little bit about our Super store... Conveniently placed within The Pipeworks Retail Park with parking galore, our Sue Ryder Swadlincote superstore is a bargain hunter’s paradise.
Interviews: 21st July
Swadlincote, DE11 9AA