Social Prescribing Link Worker – FTC
Covering Redruth, Cambourne and Pool (currently remotely based due to COVID-19)
Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change (CN4C) is a charity and a social enterprise, which aims to transform the quality of life for people, places, and communities.
We have been around since 2001 and are focused on affecting change that will help people have better lives, become better off and help people make better sense of the world around them, including navigating and making change to the systems that do not work for many people in Cornwall.
We’re now on the lookout for a Social Prescribing Link Worker to support the delivery of a social prescribing service. This is a fixed-term contract until April 2022 (which has the potential to extend subject to funding).
- Salary of £21,000 per annum
- Employers contribution pension scheme
- NHS Top-Up Healthcare plan membership for all staff
- Joining an organisation that is empowering Communities in Cornwall
- Welcoming and engaging work environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional with experience of working with disadvantaged and socially excluded communities to take on a new challenge with our ground-breaking charity.
We aim to give back to the people of Cornwall, make the world a little better for those who need support and highlight the best ways to get help for those who don’t know where to turn.
You’ll be at the heart of the action, working in a front-line position providing advice and guidance to people who need it the most and will discover that this is an incredibly rewarding contract where you will have the chance to see those you help thrive.
As a Social Prescribing Link Worker, you will be tasked with guiding and supporting disadvantaged people in the Redruth, Cambourne and Pool areas, along with starting the conversation on how they can improve their lives.
You’ll deliver the social prescribing programme, which aims to empower people to take control of their health and wellbeing by giving time to focus on what matters to them. This will include motivational interviewing, undertaking ‘whole life’ assessments, individual vocational support and advice, leisure and recreational advice, confidence building and signposting support.
Some of your duties will include:
- Working alongside GPs and the wider community
- Building trusting relationships with service users
- Helping service users to access community opportunities
- Supporting community groups and Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise organisations (VCSE) involved in social prescribing
To be considered as a Social Prescribing Link Worker, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role, working in a people-centred environment
- An understanding of the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector
- Experience of working with disadvantaged and socially excluded communities
- Good IT skills
- An understanding of community development and barriers to employment and training
- The ability to work to targets and submit evidence
- GCSE (or equivalent) standard literacy and numeracy or a Skills For Life qualification at Level 2 or above
An IAG Level 2 qualification and Safeguarding Level 2 qualification (or the willingness to gain these) would be beneficial, as would mental health training.
Other organisations may call this role Outreach Worker, Social Worker, Health and Social Worker, Social Prescribing Advisor, Community Advisor, Community Support Worker, or Support Worker.
The closing date for this role is the 9th August 2020, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 13th August 2020.
Placement in this role will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Webrecruit and CN4C are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to make a real difference to lives in Cornwall as a Social Prescribing Link Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Social Prescribing Link Worker – FTC